Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

***Informal Poll: Bus to Myrtle Beach***
CREATED: 08/22/11 by abbyjs REPLIES: 10
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
***Informal Poll: Bus to Myrtle Beach***
POSTED: 8/22/11 8:21 AM

For more information on the Club's adventure to Myrtle Beach this year, see this thread:
http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=95DD0B11-D0D4-D962-11330BBDABEBEC01&page=1

So we can get a giant group down to Myrtle to kick some butt and win a National Championship (!!!), the Board is looking at options for chartering a bus. Help us make some decisions about when to leave and come back.

There were some challenges last year with timing because of the bus breaking down, and we CERTAINLY hope that is not an issue this year! However, considering packet pickup, etc., on Friday, we want to try to minimize stress on our fabulous athletes if possible.

1) The races are on Saturday morning, October 8. Which is your preferred departure?

A) Thursday evening after work, arriving in Myrtle Beach after midnight. Paying for a hotel room on Thursday evening.

B) Thursday evening around midnight, arriving in Myrtle Beach early Friday morning. Sleeping on the bus.

C) Wicked early Friday morning (like 4 or 5 AM), arriving in Myrtle Beach by noon.

D) Friday 10 AM, arriving in Myrtle Beach (hopefully) by the end of packet pickup.

2) Monday, October 10 is Columbus Day. Which is your preferred return?

A) Sunday morning
B) Sunday early afternoon
C) Sunday Midnight
D) Monday morning

3) Last year it was $150 per person to take the bus including bike transport. There were some issues related to bike transport such that we are considering taking a U-Haul truck or trailer instead. Are you willing to pay more because the bikes won't be deconstructed?

A) Yes
B) No

4) We'd like to get a sense of people interested in bike tranport only (like, you'd drive your own car or rent a car put your bike in the U-Haul). Are you interested?

A) Yes
B) No

5) How much would you pay for bike transport only? (Consider that this cost will include the truck, gas, and insurance. Tri-bike Tranport is $150).

A) $50
B) $75
C) $100

RE: ***Informal Poll: Bus to Myrtle Beach***
POSTED: 8/23/11 7:45 AM

BUMP!

It might seem like a long ways away, but in bus-chartering world, 6-weeks is a squeeze. If you are thinking about taking the bus, please reply!

Thanks!

boglevee's ravatar boglevee    JOINED: 2/11/11    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 8/24/11 10:14 AM

1) A (second choice D)
2) D
3) Yes
4) No
5) N/A

Thanks for polling / organizing!
Brad

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1051
POSTED: 8/24/11 10:46 AM

This is awesome! It is going to feel like a high school field trip. I missed it last year due to an x-c meet, but we're not racing that weekend.

1) C - leaving wicked early on Friday

2) B - returning Sunday early afternoon.

After we get this one sorted out, I am going to assume we depart somewhere in NoVa. Hopefully, someone could allow my car to sit in their neighborhood for the weekend.

john    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 8/24/11 11:28 AM

1) A
2) A
3) A
4) NO
5) N/A

nemelton    JOINED: 4/16/11    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 8/24/11 12:48 PM

Thanks again for doing all this coordination!

1) N/A - I'm driving myself or flying down so don't need the bus
2) N/A
3) If I'm flying, then YES. Air travel and bikes don't mix well.
4) YES
5) C

barbara's ravatar barbara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 8/24/11 4:58 PM

Thanks for looking into the bus option! Could be fun!

1. A - Leave Thursday evening after work.
2. A - Return Sunday morning
3. A - Yes, willing to pay more b/c bikes won't be deconstructred.
4. B - Not interested in bike transport only.
5. NA b/c not interested in bike transport only.

Barbara

POSTED: 8/25/11 11:20 AM

Thanks for the replies! Keep them coming!

ljerdonek's ravatar ljerdonek    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 8/25/11 5:22 PM

There's an ITU race on Sunday morning that's held in conjunction with the Saturday races. If you stay through Sunday and want to check out the action, the women start at 7:30am (the men can do their own advertising). It should be spectator-friendly with looped bike and run courses. It would be great to hear the dc tri club cheers (I'll be racing)! :)

Lindsey

piyushdabomb    JOINED: 5/10/10    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 8/26/11 11:47 AM

Hey Abby - thanks for asking.

A couple notes:

1. I'm doing the Half Iron.
2. I'm open to whatever. I'm not picky.

POSTED: 9/14/11 1:46 PM

All: the Board did not sense that there was enough interest to cover the cost of chartering a bus. Please participate in carpooling to get to Myrtle Beach! Saves gas and money!

http://dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=6888F3CE-B1BA-65DA-BC73FEE8DACAD9E9&page=1

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria