Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Volunteering at Savageman
CREATED: 08/06/09 by no-e-plz REPLIES: 3
no-e-plz's ravatar no-e-plz    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 43
Volunteering at Savageman
POSTED: 8/06/09 7:23 PM

I know DC Tri LOVES Savageman as evidenced by the number of times everyone is out there training on the course an for the number of DC Tri club members registered in both races.

I am not this year's volunteer coordinator so I'm not here to hassle you over getting a big group together to staff a water stop on the bike course BUT Kim Larson is coordinating and she's having a tough time recruiting enough bodies to staff the course. As anyone who's been out there knows, there's a lot of ground to cover and to be sure that all athletes on both courses have enough support and hydration/nutrition.

The inaugural year of Savageman, a mighty group of volunteers came out to staff a water stop on the bike course as well as a few turns prior to and after the water stop. The second year, again DC Tri was present on the course, so why not carry on a tradition of being out on the most "Savage" of courses to support your athletes, experience the amazing scenery of Deep Creek and enjoy the weekend overall. You'll feel better for the experience.

If you want to be in touch with Kim, she can be reached at kimi125 at gmail dot com.

Get out there and have some fun!

Cory

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
RE: Volunteering at Savageman
POSTED: 8/06/09 11:12 PM

Why aren't we mentioned on the 'friends of Savageman' website?
http://www.savagemantri.org/Sponsors.html

kyleyost's ravatar kyleyost    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 8/09/09 8:54 PM

DC Tri deserves mention on that page for certain. I'll see to it that it gets done.

Last year Travis Siehndel and gang manned a critical aid station and surrounding intersections where the two bike course came together.

In 2007 Peter Leo and others handled some difficult and important turns late on the bike course.

Friends of SavageMan, without a doubt!

Hopefully for 2009 DC Tri can provide some volunteers once again. There are a lot of DC Tri members registered, so surely there will be many others coming to spectate and support, and we would love some help on the course!

Check out http://www.savagemantri.org/Volunteers.html or volunteers@savagemantri.org

Thanks, thanks, thanks
-Kyle

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 8/15/09 9:17 AM

Thanks Kyle! That would be savagely friendly of you.
Hope we get a good turnout again this year.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria