DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Introduce yourself & Workout buddies?
CREATED: 03/10/09 by themoneyman REPLIES: 32
themoneyman's ravatar themoneyman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
Introduce yourself & Workout buddies?
POSTED: 3/10/09 7:54 PM

Hello,

I am in the 2009 NTP program, live in the Rockville area.

I swim Tuesday & Thursday mornings at the QO pool.

I would welcome running partners for weekday runs as per the program.

I would also be happy to car pool to the happy hours and evening / weekend meetings if anyone is interested.

Thanks

dmboonchai    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
RE: Introduce yourself & Workout buddies?
POSTED: 3/10/09 9:10 PM

Hey, MoneyMan,

Can't help you w/the workouts ... I live in SoMD. But I'm in the 2009 NTP, too. See you Thursday evening at the Happy Hour? Or maybe at the meeting Saturday?

Danita

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 3/10/09 9:34 PM

Money,
I was NTP last year. Might welcome some joint running/biking workouts during the week, especially when the weather warms up, and depending on pace. jkralj at yahoo if you want to contact me off the forum.
-Jason

candrews's ravatar candrews    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 3/11/09 11:04 AM

Hi there, I'm Catherine. I live in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of DC (1st and Florida Ave. NW-ish).

If anybody in the area is looking for running partners, there is a great group (the Big Daddy Running Club) on Tuesday and Thursday at 6 AM that runs 3-4 miles. We meet on the corner of 2nd and Rhode Island Ave. NW. They meet Sundays as well for a longer run, 6-7.

If anybody in the neighborhood or the U Street area wants to train, let me know! See you guys tomorrow at the happy hour.

Catherine

Mickey    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/11/09 2:17 PM

Hey NTP Peeps,

Mickey here. I live in NWDC by U st between Dupont and Adams Morgan (16th St.). I run mostly in the early evenings or really late during the week and whenever on weekends but can adjust that if anyone wants a running buddy. Right now I swim at Marie Reed and take spinning classes at my gym (Results - possibly soon Gold's). Also open to biking the Crescent Trail with people. Or Virginia.

Come to the Happy Hour tomorrow! I want to meet you all!

Mickey

leepera    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 3/11/09 9:42 PM

Hey NW DC folks...I live in Shaw. Interested in the morning run group, Catherine, hopefully I'll meet you tomorrow night and can ask you about it then. Also, I've been thinking about checking out the Marie Reed pool...what's it like? Do you need a DC license to use it? I got a library card without a license, but I hear the pools are stricter for proving your a DC resident.
Lee

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 3/12/09 11:39 AM

Hello fellow NTPers! My name is Erin and I live in Ballston. I would love to find others in NOVA to workout with; let me know if you are in the are and interested. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the happy hour tonight!

LMR6478's ravatar LMR6478    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 3/12/09 12:21 PM

Hi - I'm Lara, also NTP. I live on Connecticut near the Maryland line and have recently been running down Connecticut to Dupont, but can't do more than walk back up... I'm planning to do the Sun night swims at the AU pool. I work at Catholic U so may also use their pool, although the hours are not great.

If anyone wants to get together for runs in upper NW or Brookland after work, I'd be up for it. I won't be at the happy hour, but look forward to meeting everyone Saturday.

femfacti    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 3/12/09 12:45 PM

Hello, I am also Lara and a NTP 2009. I live in Silver Spring (off East West Hwy. between Connecticut and 16th). I am very novice at the run and bike parts, but comfortable with the swim (well, at least conceptually, I've never done open water).

I can't make the happy hour tonight , but will be at the Saturday meeting.

Right now my schedule is:
Mon/Wed- train at the gym, including treadmill run
Tues/Thurs- swim at AU, followed by stationary bike
Fri- varies, sometimes off
Sat- yoga
Sun- yoga and run

I would definitely be up for getting together for weekend workout opportunities.

kemerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 3/12/09 12:54 PM

Hi all, my name is kristen and also a NTP 2009 memeber. I live in woodbridge, va but work in Rosslyn (lucky me). I run after work becuase it is to dark by the time I get home. I would love to find someone to run with. I am not a swimmer so I am really looking forward to the swim clinic. Bought my very first "athletic" swimsuit this weekend. Boy was that aweful.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I will be at happy hour.

kmniland    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/12/09 3:06 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Kelly and I live in Adams Morgan. I work out at Results on U St (spin class) and swim at Eastern Market (I work right down the street). I'd love a morning spin class buddy during the week...I'd be far less likely to hit the snooze button if I was meeting someone. A running partner in the Adams Morgan/Dupont/U St area would also be great...although I'm a bit on the slow side. Unfortunately, I can't make the happy hour tonight but look forward to meeting you all on Saturday. If anyone wants to meet up for work outs, my email is kelly.niland@gmail.com
Thanks!

hilarysmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 3/12/09 3:14 PM

Hi there. I live in Cleveland Park and work in Gallery Place. If anyone is interested in coordinating a run in either of those locations, feel free to email me at hilarysmith@live.com. I'd also be happy to carpool to Hains Point or to the upcoming swim clinics. Also, just for kicks -- my friend sent me this link involving an Ironman competing nun; if you are ever lacking motivation and/or inspiration, just think of her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUp9v8A46dk
Best,
Hilary

Mickey    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/12/09 3:35 PM

I loved that video!!! Thanks for sharing!
Mickey

martha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 3/12/09 4:33 PM

Hey guys--Looking forward to meeting you all later at the happy hour.

I live in Mt Pleasant/Adams Morgan. I trek to the Gallery Place WCS for several classes (boot camp, spin, etc) early mornings and on weekends with a kick ass instructor. And I also go to the Columbia Heights WCS for the pool. It would be great to find some running partners in the neighborhood.

Kelly--I'm not particularly fast and I haven't run in awhile. Perhaps we can find some time to run together.

--Martha

kmniland    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/13/09 4:33 PM

Sure thing Martha! That would be great. Maybe I'll see you in the "slow group" tomorrow! :)

nrakestraw    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/14/09 12:44 PM

Hi Everyone! My name is Natrisha and I was not able to make it to the happy hour or the meeting this morning because I had to travel for work but I am really excited to meet you all soon! I live in Ballston, so if you are looking for a training buddy in that area let me know! (nrakestraw@gmail.com) Also, since I couldn't make the meeting would someone let me know what i missed? Thanks!

POSTED: 3/14/09 3:13 PM

How about meeting tomorrow 9 am at Bethesda Ave entrance of Capital Crescent Trail (CCR) for a long run (3 to 6 miles).

Anyone interested?

Thanks
Ethan

POSTED: 3/14/09 3:24 PM

Here is a google map link to the starting location

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bethesda+Ave,+Bethesda,+MD&sll=39.036836,-77.08364&sspn=0.0086,0.013669&ie=UTF8&ll=38.981013,-77.09703&spn=0.008607,0.013669&z=16

palomine84    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/14/09 10:04 PM

Hey all!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the group trainings! If anyone is interested in training in the crystal city area around 6am or after 5:30pm, let me know...

I swim at the Sport and Health at 2345 Crystal Drive and bike/run around the Mount Vernon trail.

Shoot me an email if you'd ever like to meet up! (mcelroy.rachel@gmail.com)

Rachel

lettieg    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 3/15/09 9:36 AM

Hello,

My name is Lettie and I live in Crystal city. It would be great to meet up with some other Nova residents to train. I don't have a set training schedule that I stick to, so I can be flexible. However I prefer to train in the afternoon rather then early morning. Let me know if you want to meet up. I am also still looking for a good pool in the area. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Lettie

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria