Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Introduce yourself & Workout buddies?
CREATED: 03/10/09 by themoneyman REPLIES: 32
rbenig1's ravatar rbenig1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
RE: Introduce yourself & Workout buddies?
POSTED: 3/15/09 11:17 PM

Hi fellow NTPer's,

I'm Rhyne and I live in the Huntington/Alexandria area. I plan on doing my pool work at Eastern Market and also run M/Tu/Th at 630pm from the Smithsonian Metro. I don't have a bike yet but once I do, I'd love to get together with everybody for a group ride. Feel free to hit me up if any of you guys are interested in training together.

-Rhyne
rbenig1@yahoo.com

arabolu's ravatar arabolu    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 3/16/09 10:12 AM

Rhyne,
I believe I met you at the orientation. Are you planning on doing the Eastern Market swims in the mornings or evenings ?

- shay

rbenig1's ravatar rbenig1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 3/16/09 10:30 AM

Shay,
Yeah, I'll typically be there in the mornings M/W/F however I won't be attending this Wed. I'll see you then.
Rhyne

ducke's ravatar ducke    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 3/16/09 9:48 PM

HI. My name is Glenn
I live on Telegraph in Alexandria. I swim at Lee and I run with Pacers on King Street on Tues and Thurs. I would like to find a group to get riding with. I am psyched to get going.
My email is glennelliott9@msn.com

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 3/21/09 9:18 PM

Hi, I'm Jennifer and I live in Falls Church. I'm currently swimming at Bally Total Fitness but I'd like to find a different pool (maybe Arlington Ageless Masters or Curl Burke workouts). I'm going to the Haines Point run tomorrow morning and I will run anywhere, before or after work in DC or VA.

I haven't bought my bike yet but once I do I will be looking for biking buddies!

kfield    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 4/13/09 4:18 PM

Hi all,

My name is Kristina also a new NTP member. I've been traveling for work and only got back in town this past week. Looking for training buddies. A bit slow to this email chain and unfortunately have missed all the happy hours to date but hope to get into a routine now that I am back in town. Saw a few folks live in NW DC. I live in Columbia Heights and work off Dupont Circle. Are folks in those areas still meeting up for workouts. Let me know definitely interested.

Also, Catherine are the runs you spoke of in the a.m. still meeting? Please let me know.

Kristina

candrews's ravatar candrews    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 4/13/09 4:20 PM

Hi there! Yup - they meet every Tuesday and Thursday at 6 AM at the corner of 2nd and Rhode Island Ave, NW. Rain or shine, there's always somebody there.

-Catherine

martha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 4/13/09 4:55 PM

Kristina--Welcome back! There are a bunch of NTPers in your neighborhood. I've been trying to arrange a regular running group. So far we've been shooting for Wed at 6:30pm. We meet at Rat Park (16th & Harvard). Just look for the thread Rat Park Run.--Martha

austindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/29/09 11:23 PM

Hello All,

I know that I am a little late to the party.

I just finshed training/completeing the Rocky Gap Adventure Race this weekend, and am ready to get active in NTP. I'm registered for the NJ Olympic. I live on Capitol Hill. It looks like there are lots are swims, bikes, and runs that all start nearby, so watch out for me! If anyone is doing anything interesting on the Hill please drop me a note at austinleesmith@yahoo.com.

Austin

lisarenee    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 5/01/09 8:43 AM

Hi All!

My name is Lisa and I am training for the Olympic distance. I live in NW DC - 16th Street area near Carter Barron and work in SW DC near Hains Point. My work schedule is incredibly long and I have just been squeezing my workouts into my lunch break and swim when I can fit it in. I am also beginning to feel my momentum wane, so a rethink of my workout plan is in order.

Ideally, I would prefer to workout early in the morning either close to my home (at 5:30) or work (at 6:00). If you are interested in a morning workout near Rock Creek Park or Hains Point, looking for a workout partner, and a bit of an early bird masochist, please let me know, I would love to train with you.

Thanks!
Lisa

DCDean    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 5/06/09 4:04 PM

Hi, I'm Dean. I live in Columbia Heights/U Street and am looking for biking and swimming buddies. I haven't yet gotten on the new bike outdoors but it's finally ready to ride. I think I am an average paced rider.

I swim in DC at Takoma Park, Turkey Thicket (Near Catholic U) and after Memorial Day will be at Hains Point on Fridays and as often as possible. Marie Reed is also close by. Based on the swim clinic, I have like 8 or 10 basic points to work on before Susan wants to work with me again so if you see me at the bottom of the pool, please grab the life guard!

If you are interseted in a ride or swim just reply through this thread or write to palmer dot dean at yahoo dot com.

andreahack    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 5/06/09 5:28 PM

Super late to this thread...

I'm Andrea, and I primarily work from home and set my own hours. I live in NW - near the Shaw/Howard Metro stop. When it's not raining (never), I would like to bike at Hains Pt, run where ever, and swim at Crystal City Sport & Health. I teach yoga for Sport&Health, so I can bring a free guest for swimming whenever I want (only one at a time, however).

Haven't been sticking to a regular schedule yet, as I've been training for other things. Ready now to stick to the plan, and would like some scheduled workouts. Training for the Irongirl (sprint) and NJ Olympic.

In particular would like someone who wants to swim Monday evenings (7:30 or so). Also, am up for a bike ride anytime, and can drive a coupla bikes anywhere.

cmestre's ravatar cmestre    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 5/08/09 1:32 PM

Hi all,

I'm also super, super late to this thread! I'm Cristina, and I live right off of Logan Circle. Seems like there are a lot of people close by, around U street, Columbia Heights, etc.! I swim at the YMCA on 17th and Rhode Island, and have a number of guest passes if anyone wants to tag along at any point. I could meet up with anyone in the neighborhood for early morning or early evening runs, too. Is there still a group meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesdays?

Happy to meet up for biking at any point, too!

~Cristina (cmestre@gmail.com)

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria