DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DC Triathlon Training in the NoVA Area
CREATED: 07/10/13 by LydsRod REPLIES: 9
LydsRod's ravatar LydsRod    JOINED: 6/28/13    POSTS: 28
DC Triathlon Training in the NoVA Area
POSTED: 7/10/13 9:23 PM

Hello Everyone,

With a green light from Adam and Julie, I'd like to start an outpost for training out here in the NoVA area. Before I start though, I would love to know if 1) there is interest in having a DC Tri training outpost out here, and 2) if there are interest, where does everyone live?

I have a few ideas for training, but to ensure we get some good representation, I'd like to have the training spot central so everyone in our hood would be willing to commute.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Lydia

gabroe's ravatar gabroe    JOINED: 8/27/10    POSTS: 67
RE: DC Triathlon Training in the NoVA Area
POSTED: 7/11/13 12:23 AM

Hey, yes I'm interested, I live in Oakton, work in Tysons, training for two more marathons this year and Nations Tri. I some days run/bike commute either out and back or just one way. I swim at sports and health tysons or regency, run at w&od and bike wherever I feel to.

See you out there.

POSTED: 7/11/13 9:41 AM

Awesome Gabroe. Please be patient as I'm trying to get this off the ground.

Thanks.

Edub's ravatar Edub    JOINED: 7/10/13    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/11/13 5:02 PM

Hey Lydia, I live in the Fort Belvoir area. If you are looking to start it up in the FFX County area, especially around Belvoir/Springfield/Lorton/Burke areas I am interested. Thanks - Eric

POSTED: 7/12/13 1:35 PM

Hello DC Tri (NoVA Minions),

I've been working with FreshBikes to see if they can add a ride for us DC Tri peeps in NoVA area. FreshBikes loves the idea and we're working right now to see if a friend of mine can lead it. He's also the ride leader for their Wednesday no-drop ride.

This Thursday ride will be slightly faster than the ride he leads on Wednesday. It will still be a no-drop ride since I'm also riding it and I'm not the fastest :)

I encourage anyone interested to please make this ride, FreshBike has made this ride specific for us DC Tri peeps. I rode the route today, it is a nice, fast, rolling ride. We will be on the WOD for maybe 50 yards and the rest on the road sharing with cars. However, I would say the majority of the ride is bike friendly. FreshBike rides have attracted many riders, so the more riders, I feel it to be safer.

Hang tight, I will give more updates as we pencil this in with FreshBikes.

Lydia

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 7/12/13 1:43 PM

You may want to clarify that you're talking about FreshBikes-Mosaic :)

POSTED: 7/12/13 1:52 PM

Doh! good point. FreshBikes - Mosaic.

gabroe's ravatar gabroe    JOINED: 8/27/10    POSTS: 67
POSTED: 7/12/13 2:11 PM

So, next thursday the 18th 6:30 @ Freshbikes Mosaic, is that correct?

POSTED: 7/12/13 2:14 PM

Not yet gabroe. We're trying to pin down ride leaders. I will let everyone know when it is a done deal.

POSTED: 7/12/13 2:31 PM

-----IT IS OFFICIAL--------------

We are a go for the Thursday Night Ride with FreshBike and DC Tri Club at FreshBikes-Mosiac.

Meet at Mosaic (in-front of their store) between 6 and 6:15pm. Wheels rolling by 6:30pm.

Everyone at FreshBikes were stoked to support the ride and Pete Beers (FreshBikes) will lead.

FreshBikes-Mosiac will likely introduce the ride on their Facebook page over the weekend.

Hope to see you guys there.
Lydia

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria