Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

can't make June 5th hains point sprint?
CREATED: 06/01/10 by ttmuench REPLIES: 6
ttmuench's ravatar ttmuench    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
can't make June 5th hains point sprint?
POSTED: 6/01/10 12:18 PM

so I missed the sign up for the June 5th club sprint tri at hains point. wondering if you did and now can't make it. I'll gladly purchase your entry from you. call me at three o' one 526-one four 13

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
RE: can't make June 5th hains point sprint?
POSTED: 6/01/10 12:41 PM

The club races are usually run under "accept no substitutes" policy as typically a few more people are accepted then can actually make it. Also, my understanding was that if we call too much attention etc - the park service will make the club get a permit for these club races which entails all sorts of additional organizing and expense.

The race organizers/volunteers can shed more light on this then me.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 6/01/10 12:48 PM

Registration closed within 36 hours for this one. These events have become very popular. Sometimes there is a waiting list, but rarely are there spots available. Best thing to do is email the organizers at racedirector at dctriclub.org

-Hugh

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
POSTED: 6/01/10 12:54 PM

How about volunteering and giving back to the club? Hugh always give out spots to those who volunteers. There are two more of these practice tris. If you volunteer for this one, I'm sure that Hugh will get you into either of the next two even if they sell out.

POSTED: 6/01/10 3:04 PM

Tuan, it is not often that you are wrong, but being race director, I shall correct you. I only give the TT volunteers a heads up when sign up may open. The other two training tris are on Sunday, July 11th and Sat. July 28th.

ttmuench's ravatar ttmuench    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 6/01/10 3:07 PM

did you mean Sat Aug 28th?

POSTED: 6/01/10 8:08 PM

Yes, August 28th. Thanks for the correction!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria