Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Transition/bras/swim for larger breasted women
CREATED: 06/01/10 by KBRESLIN REPLIES: 5
KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
Transition/bras/swim for larger breasted women
POSTED: 6/01/10 4:02 PM

Hi ladies! I need some advice from the D+ bra size athletes. What do you wear on top for the race? I can't run w/o a sports bra/harness so I'm at a loss for tops that go from swim to bike to run or do you change into your sports bra at the transition station? Thanks!

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
RE: Transition/bras/swim for larger breasted women
POSTED: 6/01/10 4:52 PM

though I am far from the D+ range, I can say that I wear the same sports bra throughout a race under my tri top. Most sports bras now are made of dry fit material, so it drys quickly during a race, same goes with the tri top and tri shorts. Most people don't recommend trying to change your outfit during transition because it eats up time during the race and it's tough to do over wet skin.

The tri top I have doesn't include any extra support or shelf bra, but I am sure you could you find some tri tops that did that may provide more support in addition to the sports bra, but the more endowed women of the club would be able to speak about that more thoroughly.

berlz13's ravatar berlz13    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 6/01/10 5:02 PM

I hear your dilemma, I think there are very few races (besides the Ironman) that have changing tents so I would not recommend changing into a sports bra in transition (or a port -a john!)

I wear moving comfort bras for the entire race and love them! I have one in red so I often wear it like a bikini top, especially if I am not wearing a wetsuit during the swim. Then I pull on my DCtri top in transition. I have last year's DCtri top, which did not have a built in bra (not sure if they do with the new vendor), but I wear that over the moving comfort bra if I'm wearing a wetsuit. No matter what I do, I'm a big fan of the body glide!

Hope that helps
Kimberly :)

rumpuscat's ravatar rumpuscat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 6/01/10 5:11 PM

I wear the Three Blessings Bra from Title 9. They have a great selection of sports bras in general and they have great customer service. I wear this under a tri-top and don't change--it is generally dry by the end of the bike just like the rest of my tri suit.

I try to avoid the tri-tops with built in support shelves as they just look strange on me--there's no way they're supporting anything of mine anyway! Actually, I usually buy men's tops because the women's are too small for my chest.

I also recommend lots of Body Glide!

crobles's ravatar crobles    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 6/01/10 5:28 PM

Amen for the three blessings :-)

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 6/03/10 4:56 PM

Thanks for the very helpful advice ladies!!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria