Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

TriRock Annapolis
CREATED: 05/15/11 by BrianJ783 REPLIES: 3
BrianJ783    JOINED: 2/9/11    POSTS: 10
TriRock Annapolis
POSTED: 5/15/11 4:37 PM

Did any notice their run times being way off pace yesterday? I was running 9:30s at worst and my final time for the 5k was 33 minutes with 10:30 minute miles.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
RE: TriRock Annapolis
POSTED: 5/16/11 9:59 AM

Whoa - I did not check my time bc I am just in rehab from knee surgery so I knew my run would not be "optimal". That's too bad bc otherwise (with a few minor glitches ie, crowded bike loops - and the not very well marked run course at the start), I thought it was a great fun race. I will be back next year. Would be nice if it was the same weekend as Columbia and I could find a ready excuse to not do Columbia!

boliche10    JOINED: 11/16/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 5/16/11 3:59 PM

Had the same thing happen to me... I think the consensus is that the run course was actually 3.5 miles instead of the 5k. I think we were only supposed to run the switch back before the turn around and not on the way back as well! Great time but there are a lot of things they need to work on for next year... http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=3336920;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

BrianJ783    JOINED: 2/9/11    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 5/16/11 4:25 PM

It was a great time. I didn't think to look at my watch until after I made the post since it also included the bike portion. I didn't stop it until 3 or 4 minutes after I crossed the finish line (I hadn't walked very far) and it's showing 3.58 miles.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria