Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New to Takoma
CREATED: 01/05/14 by bronxking REPLIES: 5
bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 144
New to Takoma
POSTED: 1/05/14 9:28 PM

I'm relocating to Takoma, D.C. in two weeks after living in Brookland/Catholic University for two years. I'll be two blocks away from the Takoma swimming pool. It's part of my 5-year plan to take over the triathlon world by storm first with upping my swimming game. Anyone run/bike/swim around there? I'm looking for training buddies. Let me know!

-David

Col333's ravatar Col333    JOINED: 7/21/12    POSTS: 12
RE: New to Takoma
POSTED: 1/08/14 9:55 PM

Hi! I am in Silver Spring. I haven't been to the Takoma Park pool, but have been wanting to check u out. I was also wondering if there were any DC tri folks up this way.
-Colleen

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 1/09/14 10:08 AM

Dave! I'm in Petworth. Let me know when you swim :)

bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 144
POSTED: 1/09/14 10:39 AM

Sweet! I'll message you both when I'm ready to hit the pool!

ctmartin's ravatar ctmartin    JOINED: 4/27/09    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 1/11/14 10:05 AM

I'm in the MD side of Takoma, and I used to swim over there pretty regularly. There are a couple of masters programs that operate out of there, so you should check that out. Get the month pass, its hella cheaper than pay-as-you-go. Oh, wait you live in DC so its free. :)

I'd be up for a running / biking outing some weekend - it would be nice to meet folks in the neighborhood!

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 174
POSTED: 1/11/14 5:42 PM

David,

The Moco Mafia folks are pretty active at the DC/Moco border. Tomorrow we're running 7-10 miles from my place in NW DC from the top of Rock Creek Park at 8 am. Paces from 7:30 to 10 min miles. email me if you want the deets. johojo1 at aol dot com

Joyce

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria