Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New time limit and wetsuit rules for Eagleman
CREATED: 09/09/10 by PotomacTriathlete2009 REPLIES:
PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 532
New time limit and wetsuit rules for Eagleman
POSTED: 9/09/10 8:16 AM

The cutoff times will be different for the 2011 Eagleman race. Last year, the time limit was 1:10:00 for the swim, counting from the start of each person's swim wave. The new policy is 1:10:00 from the start of the LAST swim wave.

Thus, if you are in an earlier swim wave, your actual time limit will be longer than 1:10:00. For most of you, this isn't an issue. But for those people who might have an equipment issue (clouded-up goggles -- oops, did I say that?) and end up doing the zig-zag routine in the water but can still bike and run at a decent pace, you will have more leeway with the swim.

I would have benefited from such a rule last year. I would have easily made the bike and run time limits but I just barely missed the swim time limit (by 90 seconds, I think). I wasn't allowed to do the run.

Just thought I'd point this out. I heard that many other people missed the swim cutoff this year, for whatever reason (swim course may have been long, stronger than usual river current).

The wetsuit rule has changed as well. Eagleman will follow the new WTC wetsuit rule: 76.1F. So even if it isn't as hot next year, there's still the possibility that wetsuits won't be allowed.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria