Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

OWS - Saturday 6/5 (+ bike & run)
CREATED: 06/01/10 by lauren17 REPLIES: 13
lauren17    JOINED: 4/20/10    POSTS: 10
OWS - Saturday 6/5 (+ bike & run)
POSTED: 6/01/10 10:14 PM

Looking to do an OWS on Saturday (and follow up with a bike and a run). Not sure where to do this. Anyone else interested? Anyone have a good place to go that isn't too deserted?

Thanks!
Lauren

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 361
RE: OWS - Saturday 6/5 (+ bike & run)
POSTED: 6/02/10 3:37 PM

I'm doing the training tri on Sat but I'm planning on going to Sandy Pt on Sunday to do an OWS clinic w/ Wave One. I need to do a long (3 hr) ride also if you're intereted.

http://www.feelthewater.com/calendar.html

Pam

Judith's ravatar Judith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 6/02/10 11:07 PM

I need to get an OWS in before DCTriathlon and I'm traveling the weekend before the race. I'd be up for OWS Saturday or Sunday at Sandy Point followed by a bike ride (probably not 3 hours but definitely 2).

Anyone carpooling to the Wave One event? Is there a post started about that clinic?

Lauren, feel free to email me to let me know what you were thinking about timing and distances for Saturday. jhochhauser AT gmail DOT com.

Judith

davidramos    JOINED: 4/15/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 6/02/10 11:41 PM

I was contemplating the Sunday WaveOne swim, carpool/ride/ZipCar.

(Pam, are you the person I ran into at a sat. ride a few weeks back? Swim too?)

Dave

dave@stereoscopestudio.com

POSTED: 6/03/10 9:54 AM

Hey Dave

yep, it's me, i'll send you an email.

Judith-

let me know if you're planning on going to the clinic on sun. I'm driving up and I think one other person is so we can probably work something out.

Pam

jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
POSTED: 6/03/10 10:25 AM

I am heading up to the Wave One clinic on Sunday as well and would be up for a bike ride after. I can take 1-2 other people with me. Let me know if you need a ride.

Julie

lauren17    JOINED: 4/20/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 6/03/10 1:55 PM

Thanks all. I think I will just head up to the clinic. I plan to get a zipcar, but just going to the clinic portion, no bike ride. I want to make it for the early clinic. If anyone is up for carpooling - or julie if you decide not to go for a ride - let me know. Thanks!

davidramos    JOINED: 4/15/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 6/03/10 2:17 PM

Hey all,

I'm ideally trying to get up there for the beginner clinic (or just to swim); would be up for a bike ride if someone has room for a bike....Julie?

I'm coming from Adams Morgan, DC, and can meet people at anywhere within the District; no metro that early so I'd be on the bike.

Dave

ctackett    JOINED: 2/4/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 6/03/10 2:49 PM

Hi Julie and Lauren (and other drivers),

I'm signed up for the Wave One OWS too and need a ride. If you still have room, please email me christina.tackett@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Christina

jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
POSTED: 6/03/10 3:57 PM

Dave and Christina,

I can take both of you if one has a road bike. I have a 3 bike rack but it doesn't fit 3 tri bikes....2 tri bikes and a road bike will work though. I would liketo go to the advanced clinic at 7:45 so it will be a little earlier. I am coming from VA but can pick you up in DC if the time, etc works. Let me know:
Kennedyjulie2@gmail.com

Julie

Judith's ravatar Judith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 6/03/10 4:21 PM

Hi all,
I'm in for the clinic! Does anyone know how the advanced vs beginner clinic is organized?

I have a car and will be leaving from Capitol Hill (11th/Independence SE). I can take another bike, maybe two (I've never tried). I'm also happy to carpool in someone else's car.

Pam, where are you coming from?

I have to get back so I don't think I can do a full 3 hour ride. If everyone is doing a 3 hour ride, maybe I can just do the clinic and come back and just bike around here.

Very excited to re-learn how to put on my wetsuit.
Judith

POSTED: 6/03/10 4:44 PM

I'm coming from Reston so i'll probably just go straight there unless someone still needs a ride... looks like everyone is all set though. see you guys sun :)

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 147
POSTED: 6/03/10 4:57 PM

Laurn-
Still looking to carpool for the WaveOne clinic on Sunday? I also cannot stay for a ride afterwards. you can reach me at denarichardson at gmail.com

cosacalo's ravatar cosacalo    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 6/03/10 8:43 PM

I'm coming from Greenbelt if anyone needs a ride on Sunday and can probably do Saturday too. I have a 3 bike rack. I plan to stay for the ride as well.

Carlos

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria