DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Nation's Tri - Getting Bike and Gear Home
CREATED: 09/09/10 by kimberrankin REPLIES: 2
kimberrankin    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 18
Nation's Tri - Getting Bike and Gear Home
POSTED: 9/09/10 10:00 AM

Hi,
This is my first time doing Nation's and only my second tri. Any advice on how to get our bike and gear back home? Fortunately, I live in town but I don't think I'm going to want to try to ride my bike and drag my gear all the way through town. Can someone pick us up? Does anyone know when they start letting cars near the transition area? Or where there's a good pick up spot for bike and gear?
Thanks,
Kimber

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
RE: Nation's Tri - Getting Bike and Gear Home
POSTED: 9/09/10 10:17 AM

Here's the list of road closures and the schedule for re-opening the roads on Sunday:

http://www.thenationstriathlon.com/event-info-transportation.html

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
RE: Nation's Tri - Getting Bike and Gear Home
POSTED: 9/09/10 1:41 PM

For DCTri in June, I had my brother ride my bike back to my apt for me, and I got a ride with my mom (fam was in town for the event). They had success parking in Foggy Bottom (around 17&H - but check the posted link above) and it was pretty easy to walk the bike from the finish line/transition area to the car.
For Nation's, I'll be taking a cab to the race and might ask a friend to ride the bike back for me. Depending on where you live in the district, putting the bike on a bus is also an option, and one I may end up using as well.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria