DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Volunteers needed - ACHIEVE Kids Tri Race
CREATED: 07/21/10 by harburgm REPLIES: 13
harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 93
Volunteers needed - ACHIEVE Kids Tri Race
POSTED: 7/21/10 5:57 PM

Dear Y-Tri,

We are looking for volunteers to help with the 2010 Annual ACHIEVE Kids Tri Race. It will be a fun day as 4 camps from Wards 5, 7 and 8 come together after six weeks of training to do their first (or second!) triathlon. Like any race, we need a lot of volunteers. It will take place on Friday, July 30 from 8 - 1pm at Turkey Thicket Recreation Center, 1100 Michigan Ave NE.

Registration link:
http://achievekidstri.org/volunteer/race-day-volunteers-sign-up.html

Thanks!
Michelle

Michelle Harburg
Program Director, ACHIEVE
734-255-2921
http://achievekidstri.org/home.html

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
RE: Volunteers needed - ACHIEVE Kids Tri Race
POSTED: 7/23/10 1:21 PM

To anyone who has some free time next Friday, come out and volunteer. I can tell you first hand from working with some of the swimmers that they are really excited about this event. Michelle is doing a great job with this and it'll be great to see other DC Tri folks out there.

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 7/23/10 3:05 PM

In for Friday! Looking forward to it!

rcmagnus's ravatar rcmagnus    JOINED: 1/23/10    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 7/23/10 3:28 PM

Just signed up!

POSTED: 7/23/10 6:48 PM

Awesome, thank you so much everyone! I look forward to meeting/seeing you next week.
Michelle

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 7/26/10 10:26 AM

Just signed up :)

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 7/27/10 11:16 AM

Michelle - Hugh -

I am signing up to volunteer on Friday. I just have to put in a leave request and have my boss approve it. I don't anticipate any objections and will let you know once approved. I will try and get there by 8a - traffic depending (as it has been a b^&@& getting in from Alexandria these days.

Maureen Williams

POSTED: 7/27/10 2:09 PM

I was at Turkey Thicket earlier this morning helping out with swimming and I cannot tell you how excited these kids are for the big event on Friday. Some of them are going to surprise you.

Just a small note that you will not be able to park in the parking lot so you'll have to find parking on the street near the rec center. Also, some of that parking is for a two hour limit.

See everyone on Friday!

POSTED: 7/27/10 2:56 PM

I have a Zip car that I am picking up at 7:30a at Foggy Bottom if any volunteers are in the area and need a ride. Call me in the office tomorrow at 202-473-1730 or email me at mwilliams@ifc.org

POSTED: 7/27/10 3:13 PM

Thanks Hugh! Yes, agreed on the parking, very tight. If you have signed up to volunteer you will be getting an email with very detailed instructions regarding transportation, ect.

The kids indeed are very very excited. They can't wait to show their hard earned efforts :)

Remember your first race? Soooo fun. Hope to see a big DC Tri Contingent out there!

Best,
Michelle

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 271
POSTED: 7/27/10 6:55 PM

I'm going to see if I can clear my work schedule to do this again- the first year was awesome and truly a great experience to volunteer at. Highly encourage it... and it was way better than work.

If I have to make a choice between leaving early or coming late- is there more need for volunteers at one end or another?

POSTED: 7/28/10 2:18 PM

Eric, you are so right on this one! This is awesome. Yesterday, the Barry Farms camp had a trial run with the Benning Road camp. The Barry Farm kids are so psyched and ready for Friday! They looked strong during their swim workout today!

POSTED: 7/28/10 8:37 PM

Eric,

Arriving at 8am, then being assigned an athlete to track in one of the earlier waves would be ideal. It won't take any racer more than an hour to finish and we expect to be all done by 11. After that it is lunch and the awards ceremony, so fun stuff to stay for but if you need to leave early it works.

Thanks all and be sure to register online!
http://achievekidstri.org/volunteer/race-day-volunteers-sign-up.html

Best,
Michelle

POSTED: 7/29/10 9:26 AM

Thanks - my leave is cleared so I will be there. Picking up a zipcar at 7:30a at Foggy Bottom and be there as soon as I can.

Maureen
mwilliams@ifc.org

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria