Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

June 5th Training Tri Participants - Please Read
CREATED: 06/02/10 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 9
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1064
June 5th Training Tri Participants - Please Read
POSTED: 6/02/10 6:08 AM

If you are signed up for the training tri this Saturday, please read this. You will probably receive this email later today, but I wanted to get this out to most of you.

Hello DC Tri Club Member,

You are receiving this email because you have signed up for the training triathlon on Saturday, June 5th, 2010. This event will take place at the East Potomac Pool which is right next to the golf course on Hains Point. Please adhere to the following schedule.

First, please e-mail the racedirector@dctriclub.org with (a) your name (b) an emergency contact number and (c) an estimated 100 meter swim pace. The 100 meter swim pace is for a 400 meter swim and will help to seed you accordingly. Please do this by the 12pm, Friday, June 4th because it helps me organize everything ahead of time. Also, if you registered someone else or you will not make be able to compete, please let me know ahead of time.

Check in and set up begin at 6:30 a.m. The event starts at 7a.m.. All participants should arrive at the transition area by 6:40 a.m. to allow time to check in and set up. There will be a pre-race talk at 6:55 a.m.

Swim (400 meters): the swim is eight lengths of 50 meters each. Swimmers will be seeded by their race number which is assigned by their 100 meter estimated swim pace.

Bike (16.8 miles): the bike course will be three long loops of 5.6 miles each. The bike course is open to traffic so ride with that in mind. Plus, there is a U-turn that you will make three times. Do not race this turn. Always think SAFETY!

Run (3.1 miles): the run course will be one short loop of HP. The run course is open to traffic. Run on the right side of the road. There will be one water stop about the 1.3 mile mark.
The post-event barbeque will be held at the south end parking lot on Hains Point and begin right after the event. If you are joining us for the post-event barbeque, please bring something to share with the group: Last names beginning with: A thru I bring a dessert, J-R bring drinks (sports drinks, soda, water), S-Z bring a side dish (chips, fruit, salad ).

See you at the event and please thank a volunteer.
-Hugh Harris, Race Director

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
RE: June 5th Training Tri Participants - Please Read
POSTED: 6/02/10 10:40 AM

At the risk of being very annoying... what's the water temp in the pool? is the heater on?

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 6/02/10 11:12 AM

I don't know the exact time, but you won't need a wetsuit for swimming in that pool. :)

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
POSTED: 6/02/10 11:18 AM

I don't know the temp of the pool but word on the street is that that swim course is walkable :)

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 6/02/10 11:29 AM

If I see your feet touch the bottom of the pool, even if you are Vietnamese royalty, I'm going to impose a 5 minute penalty. ;)

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 6/02/10 11:48 AM

We are going to follow the USMS rules in that no over the shoulder suits or covering the knees are allowed. So keep those fastskins and LZR suits at home.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 6/02/10 11:58 AM

I swam at HP on Sunday, and I can tell you that it was HOT! Water temp was definitely in the upper 70's, if not in the 80's - like disgusting warm bath water. Then again, maybe it was from all the kids in the pool. Ewww!

Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 6/02/10 12:51 PM

"Then again, maybe it was from all the kids in the pool. Ewww!"

Ewww. . . . that's one of those things about which I manage to usually maintain a state of self-deception. I guess not this week! :-)

y2kc0wb0y's ravatar y2kc0wb0y    JOINED: 4/17/10    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 6/02/10 3:58 PM

Water is warm

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 6/03/10 8:02 AM

I just hope I don't blow a tire and drown.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria