Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

ATTN: 2009 IRONMANS and others- Bike Ride Sundays
CREATED: 06/19/09 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 88
urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
RE: ATTN: 2009 IRONMANS and others- Bike Ride Sundays
POSTED: 9/21/09 12:16 PM

I'd love to be kept in the loop re: rides as well.

matthew [dot] longley [at] gmail [dot] com

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 9/23/09 9:42 PM

is it going this weekend?

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 249
Sunday Ride 9/27!
POSTED: 9/24/09 9:50 AM

I asked our fearless leader, His Royal Vietnamese Highness himself, to send out a witty and engaging mass email because even on my best and most inspired day my attempts at humor fall far short of the mark he has set. Unfortunately the CIA continues to torment him, even in his weakened condition, (have they no shame?) and HRH was unable to send a mass email. After every attempt he received an error message blabbering about suspicious activity. Yes, the activity of the Vietnamese Royalty IS suspcicious. Sadly, my friends, he has been found out and they are cutting off his communication with those of us who aspire to enter the Vietnamese Royalty Kingdom of Heaven. I for one am greatly saddened by this news. Fortunately for me, I was sterilized during my second ride with the group and earned my passage to the Kingdom some time ago. I am sorry for your loss.

While riding without Royalty seems sacreligious to many, I have received HRH's blessing to organize a group ride this weekend in his absence. If you care to ride, please join me at Pierce Mill (in Rock Creek Park). I intend to clip in at 7:30 and ride the Beach Road loop we did for the bricknic. I further intend to actually stay on my bike, only dismounting to spit and kick dirt in a certain sewer drain that wreaked havoc on my face, my shoulder, and my season finale.

You are free to ride as many loops as you care to ride and have hydration and nutrition to muster. Since there are not strategically placed gas stations along the route, I suggest stocking your trunk with the necessary refueling items. Because this is an out and back loop, I did not prepare an extensive and detailed cue sheet (my apologies). I suspect our great and powerful leader, should he feel up to some one-handed typing, can prepare one that is certain to get most of us lost. I miss those days.

Perhaps before the ride we can stand in a circle, holding hands and sing, chant, and dance for the health, happiness, and well-being of our fearless leader. Along those lines, if anyone has a water buffalo to sacrifice (I recall Royalty mentioning water buffalo were crucial to a secret Vietnamese remedy), please bring it along.

See you Sunday,
Becky

riggodrill's ravatar riggodrill    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 104
POSTED: 9/24/09 4:16 PM

I'm in... just a couple of loops as I'm doing a brick on Sunday... and am riding long Saturday.

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
ATTN: 2009 IRONMANS and others- Bike Ride Sundays
POSTED: 9/24/09 7:13 PM

I'm in for 4 loops (assuming I don't get lost trying to get to Pierce Mill... AGAIN)

POSTED: 9/24/09 9:18 PM

sweet. see you there. what was that about sterilization? i think i might take off before that part of the ride

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 9/26/09 10:57 PM

With this rain, 7:30 is a bit too early for me. I'm going to start a bit later, maybe 8:30? 9? I'll see y'all out there.

POSTED: 9/26/09 11:22 PM

i cant do it later. hasta la proxima

caseycreech's ravatar caseycreech    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 37
POSTED: 10/02/09 3:59 PM

Hey all, anyone up for a Sunday ride. I'm thinking 70 miles starting around 9 in Georgetown.

Here's the route I'm thinking:

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/dc/washington/396124943312596987
R Wisconsin (0.0)
L Reservoir Rd (@~0.5)
R MacArthur Blvd (@~1.5)
R Falls Rd (Rte 189) (@~12.6)
L S. Glen (@~15.4)
R Glen Mill Rd (@~17.1)
R to stay on Glen Mill Rd at T(@~18.9)
R to stay on Glen Mill Rd at T(@~19.8)
L Darnestown Rd. (Rte 28) (@~21.1)
L Beallsville Rd. (Rte 109) (@~36.3)
becomes Elgin
R Fisher Ave (Rte 107) (@~38.7)
quick L W. Willard Rd.
L River Rd (@~43.2)
R to stay on River (Rte 190) at Seneca (@~48.2)
R Falls Rd (@~56.1)
L MacArthur Blvd (@~58.3)
L Reservoir Rd (@~69.5)
R Wisconsin Ave (@~70.4)

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria