DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Good place to find goggles in DC?
CREATED: 06/19/09 by cfudge1 REPLIES: 2
cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
Good place to find goggles in DC?
POSTED: 6/19/09 8:02 AM

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy goggles in DC? I'd like either a pair of Finis or some Lane 4 corrective lenses. I need some for the ITU this weekend.

Thanks!

Carl

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
RE: Good place to find goggles in DC?
POSTED: 6/19/09 8:44 AM

It's not in DC, but one of the better swim stores in the area is Sport Fair in Arlington on Lee Highway. Last time I was in there, they let me try on three or four different sets of goggles to make sure I found ones I liked. They are a little heavy on Speedo brand, so you may want to give them a call to see if they have the brands you are looking for.

5010 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA 22207
(703) 524-9500 (tel)
(703) 524-9501 (fax)
http://www.sportfairusa.com/

(NB: When coming from DC, it is on the left hand side of the road and easy to miss, at least I missed it the first time I went there)

HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 74
RE: Good place to find goggles in DC?
POSTED: 6/19/09 10:02 AM

Ditto Sports Fair - an entire wall of goggles!

Don't wait until race day to try your goggles and sometimes the cheapo ones are the best fit. So in that respect: PR, G'town running, city sport (I think), target and I also think I've seen them at Conte's all carry goggles. Small selection compared to SF.

I have a pair of goggles designed for open water (so you get more peripheral vision ($20-25 at Sport Fair) they were not the goggles for me. But you just don't know in the store that they are going to leak. You definately don't want to head out on a 5 mile swim (or any distance swim!) with the "well they'll get better as I go along"...and always have a back up as well!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria