Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ironman Lake Placid Roll Call
CREATED: 07/18/14 by HolliMarie REPLIES: 18
HolliMarie's ravatar HolliMarie    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 202
Ironman Lake Placid Roll Call
POSTED: 7/18/14 8:37 PM

If you are racing IM Lake Placid next weekend let us know! Also, please take note of the following and if you DO NOT see your name on the tri club bib list please email imtriclub@dctriclub.org

TriClub Program Details for IRONMAN Lake Placid:

TriClub Village: Will be located on both sides of Mirror Lake Drive across and beside the Special Needs Run area – DO NOT put your tents in the Special Needs area which is in front of the rock wall. I will be staking out and reserving the best I can .. the TriClub Village area on Wednesday afternoon. You guys can begin placing tents as soon as the area is staked. Please keep your tents low until race day and have a way to weigh them down – stakes do not work in wind. I will drop garbage bags to you on race day – PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE clean up your area when you pack up. We will lose this key spot if we leave a mess behind!

TriClub Competition and Checkin: We will have an event booth in the IRONMAN Village. Please swing by and check the roster to make sure all your athletes are accounted for OR check the TriClub Bib list that is posted on line. Let us know asap if we are missing team members. I will be notifying the team leads Sunday night after the race if your club has won your division. Please plan on having at least one person at the awards ceremony to accept the award – we cannot ship them this year.

TriClub Social: We are hosting a SWIM, RUN, BREAKFAST Brick Saturday morning before bike checkin. The run will be hosted by Newton Running and there will be several distances. Get your last workout in and then come hang out with other clubbers. Your race director will be on hand to offer advice, tips, etc. A couple of pros are planning on stopping by. The following list is the EVITE to RSVP. All our welcome. We hate to do this but we are charging $5 a person – kids are FREE – we need a good number for our amazing local baker and you guys have a tendency to RSVP AND show up when cash involved GO FIGURE!

http://www.evite.com/event/00F0NE656AOG4QX3UEPEA3SSX2W4C4

Other fun stuff: Kid’s Race at 2 pm on Friday – registration in the IRONMAN Village at the IRONKIDS tent on Thursday and then registration moves up to Mirror Lake Drive. On Line registration is open until Wednesday July 23rd.
Welcome Ceremony Friday evening at Mid’s Park on Main Street 6 pm. Charity Auction begins at 7:00 pm!
Looking forward to seeing you all in Placid!!!

temelnick    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
RE: Ironman Lake Placid Roll Call
POSTED: 7/20/14 11:58 PM

Hey Holli-
I am heading to LP this week to race. Any chance you have any suggestions or know anyone that has extra space. I am in need of last minute housing for someone.
Thanks!
Tracey

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 537
POSTED: 7/21/14 8:24 AM

Tracey, a forum post 2 days ago mentioned a place to stay.

If you're racing IMLP (or any Ironman branded race) be sure to enter the TriClub competition! Simply email your name and bib # to imtriclub@dctriclub.org.

The more points you get, the more goodies you get such as guaranteed early entry to almost any Ironman event you want!
Click here for more info.

Good luck!!

temelnick    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 7/21/14 10:53 AM

Thanks so much for all the information!

POSTED: 7/22/14 9:16 AM

We've got a good sized group representing DC Tri at Lake Placid again this year!

Let's plan on a group picture Friday morning at swim start area! I'll post exact time in the next day or 2. If you're racing at IMLP let us know!

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 249
POSTED: 7/22/14 3:05 PM

woo hoo. the tent is in my car so it will be there tomorrow some time!

looking forward to catching up with everyone.

thanks in advance to our great cheerleaders and support crew!

-becky

POSTED: 7/23/14 9:30 PM

WooHoo! Thanks Becky!

GROUP PICTURE - FRIDAY 9:30 AM
In the interest of those who want their pre race swim/bike/run done early and those who don't wake up super early 9:30 should work out, as some will be finishing and others can start after the group picture. That being said it might be super crowded down there and I may be down there as early as 7am to get in the water. Let's meet at the CLUB TENT along Mirror Lake Drive 9:30am. It won't be far from swim start - that way we can take a pic at the tent and a pic at the swim start if we would like.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 7/24/14 7:42 AM

Good luck Holli, Becky, and the rest of the DC Tri Crew! Wish I was up there racing, but I will be tracking you all from DC. Attack it and bring home the gold!!!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1318
POSTED: 7/24/14 10:30 AM

I'll say what everyone really wants to say, but are too afraid to say it in a public forum ...

Pee on the bike like nobody's business. Port-a-johns are for the weak. This is the Ironman. Go big or go home ;)

--Tuan

cclark1025's ravatar cclark1025    JOINED: 3/12/12    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 7/24/14 2:55 PM

See you all tomorrow. I have 9 stitches in my face and a black eye to make our picture extra special!

POSTED: 7/26/14 6:39 PM

Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow! I'll be out there cheering for you, go DC Tri Club!

POSTED: 7/28/14 1:11 PM

Congrats to everyone on finishing Ironman Lake Placid yesterday with the tough conditions throughout the day!

There are a few of us planning to head to tail o the pup BBQ around 6:00pm. If you are still I'm town come on out and join us! The $25 food voucher is also good there if you haven't used yours yet.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 975
POSTED: 7/28/14 1:15 PM

mmmm.. I remember Tail o' the Pup BBQ. That was REALLY tasty. :)

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 7/28/14 1:43 PM

Congrats to everyone who raced, volunteered, and part of a support crew yesterday! It sounds like you all experienced an epic day!! As we say in the Navy: Bravo Zulu!!

POSTED: 7/28/14 3:31 PM

Looking fwd to seeing all of you at this fun place and hearing some IMLP war stories! See ya soon!
- Adam

omesner's ravatar omesner    JOINED: 7/28/11    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 7/30/14 12:36 PM

I just emailed timing@ironman.com and they told me that we can get our full IM times at http://www.sportstats.ca just in case you wanted to know!

POSTED: 7/30/14 12:45 PM

Ooh. Awesome. Thanks, Octavio. And congratulations to all!

POSTED: 7/30/14 3:17 PM

And lest we all get too proud of ourselves: http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/544856/IRONMAN-DOUBLE.html

I saw this guy on Monday morning riding in the pouring rain and could not figure out what on earth he was doing.

Next year?

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 7/31/14 11:39 AM

Congrats to all of you! It was great to see everyone roll through bike special needs on their way to an IronMan finish!!

-Ferguson

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria