DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

PSA: Nation's Swim Practice Sat
CREATED: 09/10/10 by kmwpro REPLIES: 1
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 263
PSA: Nation's Swim Practice Sat
POSTED: 9/10/10 9:11 AM

Hi guys,

I'm working the swim practice tomorrow for Nation's. Just a PSA. Every year we get athletes who want to come down at the last second and hop in, but we can't let them. The permit to use the river ends at 4:00 pm, which means everyone must be out of the water at that time. I've made sure that the information is updated on the Nation's website, Athlete's Guide and in emails going out, but just a heads up, you need to be checked in to practice before 3:45 pm in order to get into the water. And really, by that point, the kayayers are going to start herding swimmers back to the dock anyway. You can't just be in line at 3:45 pm, you actually have to be checked in.

So: Please come early!! Keep in mind that with around 7,000 racers who could potentially come to swim practice, the lines to check in could (and probably will) be long, since we just have that one dock for people to get in and out, and a few volunteers to check people in AND OUT.

That's the other heads up - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, check back out when you exit the water. There may be another line when you go to check back out, but the Park Police and DC Fire and Rescue require that we let them know that all of our athletes have exited the water. If you jump the baracade and go running away (this actually happened in June), I'm going to send someone to tackle you.

Bring your wetsuit, try it out, try what the water feels like without a wetsuit, and see what you think. We will have the latest water temp reading at noon tomorrow.

I'm excited for race weekend, and can't wait to see everyone's smiling faces tomorrow and bright and early on Sunday!!

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about swim practice. See you on the dock!

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1060
RE: PSA: Nation's Swim Practice Sat
POSTED: 9/10/10 6:25 PM

And be sure to be nice to Karen!

She's done this for the last few years and has it down to a science and her help is a huge boost to the race. In fact, I encourage you to buy her gifts and maybe shower her with money ;-)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria