Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Online Shop: Buy DC Tri Club Gear Directly from Champion System
CREATED: 08/24/11 by markhakd REPLIES: 4
markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
New Online Shop: Buy DC Tri Club Gear Directly from Champion System
POSTED: 8/24/11 11:03 AM

Up until now, buying the branded DC Tri Club gear has meant placing an order as part of one of the few bulk purchases that we did for Club members each year. This allowed us to secure the best possible discount from Champion System, but it is also not the most convenient process. In response to member feedback, we have launched a new gear shop on the Champion System website, where you can order our gear directly from them AT ANY TIME! The per-item price is slightly higher than before and shipping is no longer free, but your order will be processed in 2-4 weeks and then shipped right to your door. Note that our own Shop (on our website) is still open, and includes an inventory of gear from other vendors such as hats, visors, swim caps, and technical t-shirts. However, the Club will not be placing any more group orders with Champion System in 2011.

For more information / FAQ: http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Shop.FAQ
Visit the Champion System Shop: http://champ-sys.com/carts/dc-tri-club?limit=all

We would love to hear your feedback and answer your questions!

Thanks so much to the Gear Team for getting this project off the ground.

Kevin

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 365
RE: New Online Shop: Buy DC Tri Club Gear Directly from Champion System
POSTED: 8/24/11 1:35 PM

This is great!! Thanks guys, just put my order in so I'll be in a full DC Tri kit for IMFL :)

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
RE: New Online Shop: Buy DC Tri Club Gear
POSTED: 8/24/11 7:51 PM

Has anyone purchased any Champion System bike shorts? If so, can you bring it to the happy hour tomorrow or write up a quick review? I'd like to know the quality of the chamois. I like to know whether these bike shorts can withstand the rigors of IM training, 100+ mile rides, and whether the padding is thick enough.

I am a great fan of Sugoi and DeSoto 400 Mile bike shorts. How do these compare to those?

I have the DCTri Hincapi bib shorts and am not a fan. The padding wasn't comfortable enough for *me* for really long bike rides. 30 miles or less they are ok, but 56+ miles and I'm walking around like I have an STD.

Thanks
Tuan

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
POSTED: 8/25/11 12:34 PM

I own the CS bib shorts. Love them. The padding is substantial without being too thick or rigid, so I find them very comfortable. However, I also used to do long rides in my tri shorts, so I tend towards the "too little" padding rather than "too much". In other words, it may not be the padding you are looking for.

If I come to the happy hour tonight I will bring them.

Kevin

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 496
POSTED: 8/25/11 1:40 PM

Tuan, I have the bibs and love them. They felt a bit dippery (is that a word?) at the beginning but after a couple ride they felt great. I've had many other brands and the CS are up there with the best. Did total 200 in them and had no issues.

And you may want to go to one of the free clinics for the other issue you mentioned.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria