DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Too Late for NTP?
CREATED: 02/23/10 by Nate REPLIES: 3
Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 68
Too Late for NTP?
POSTED: 2/23/10 2:59 PM

Hi,

I'm new to the area and just a few weeks ago got into my head to try out a triathlon. I just found this club / website, and found the information about the new triathlete program.

It sounds like this started 3 or 4 weeks ago. Is it too late to jump on board with this?

If it IS too late, I'll probably join the club anyways and just learn what I can from talking to people. :-)

Thanks for any info!

Nate

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 952
RE: Too Late for NTP?
POSTED: 2/23/10 4:21 PM

I guess technically it's not too late to join NTP. The purchase link is still open in the SHOP section of the webpage (at least it was when I last checked a bit ago).

We are just over 3 weeks into the 20 week training plan with our goal race being the Washington DC triathlon on June 20th. If you're coming from basically "off the couch" then it's probably not a good idea to join the NTP program and try to cram in the 20 week training plan. If you do have a base fitness level, then you might be able to start with the March workouts and continue on. That will be entirely up to you.

If you do join, there is a bike-buying clinic this Sunday at the Conte's in Bethesda that will give you the basics about a bike and the differences between various bikes and pedals and components. Following that clinic will be a group workout. If you join up soon, then you should get this week's NTP newsletter with all the details.

We had the Gear Clinic last weekend but the handout is up on the NTP page (which you will only get access to once you join the program). If there are any questions, you're welcome to ask the Co-Leaders or post in the forum.

So with all that, the answer is: yes you can, but whether it'll help you out or not is going to be completely up to you and your background fitness level.

Bryan
2010 NTP Co-Leader

POSTED: 2/23/10 4:26 PM

Great, thanks for the info. I just might do it then.

I'm running 3 miles 4-5 days a week and am swimming a couple times a week, so I'm not totally off the couch. It sounds like I'd probably be okay.

POSTED: 2/23/10 7:59 PM

I signed up! I'll be there this weekend.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria