Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Rides for the Rest of Us: Pensive Pedalers
CREATED: 04/14/10 by craia REPLIES: 57
craia's ravatar craia    JOINED: 3/15/09    POSTS: 39
Rides for the Rest of Us: Pensive Pedalers
POSTED: 4/14/10 12:36 PM

Don't call me slow. Call me pensive. I am in awe of my fellow DC Tri-ers, but I can only keep up with them for about a block.

I was happy to see on the forum that Carrie Campbell had started a human-paced ride on Saturdays and Sundays. You may have seen in the DC Tri newsletter a few weeks back that I will also now be leading slower-paced rides on Saturday morning.

My rides will leave at 8:00am on Saturdays, and the locations will vary, but most of the time I'll be heading out towards Potomac. The pace will average 14-15 mph (okay, maybe closer to 14), emphasizing enjoyment and safety. We'll start out with distances around 30 miles, then grow to 60+ miles as we get further into the season.

The first Pensive Pedalers ride will be this Saturday, 4/17, wheels up at 8:00am sharp! We'll leave from the NW corner of 14th & U Streets - meet in front of the Reeves Municipal Center building. 30 mile ride, heading west on Reservoir Road to MacArthur.

Please post to this thread if you'd like to join me, or contact me at christina.raia@me.com, or 202-288-4195. I'll be posting to the thread regularly to provide information on each week's ride!

Hope you'll join me -
Christina Raia

michaelrobbins's ravatar michaelrobbins    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
RE: Rides for the Rest of Us: Pensive Pedalers
POSTED: 4/14/10 12:43 PM

Christina,

I'll be back up to 30 miles in a couple weeks and then I'll certainly join in occassionally.

Michael

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 225
POSTED: 4/14/10 3:14 PM

Wooo hoo! I always get a pit in my tummy when I think about joing the group rides, but this is something I can wrap my head around.

Please add me to the list. I won't be able to join this Saturday, but hopefully soon.

Tania. tgrollman@yahoo.com

POSTED: 4/14/10 3:26 PM

Michael and Tania, I look forward to you joining the ride soon! Just let me know when you're ready and keep checking this thread for updates.

Christina

michaelrobbins's ravatar michaelrobbins    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 4/20/10 3:47 PM

Planning to join in this Saturday morning if it's not raining.

POSTED: 4/20/10 4:01 PM

Excellent, Michael - Looking forward to seeing you out there!

Last week's Pensive Pedalers (well, Pedaler - it was just me) were extra-pensive due to the challenging wind out there. But Pensive Pedalers are nothing if not persistent! We'll do the same ride again this Saturday, April 24:

- Leaving from NW corner of 14th & U in front of the Reeves building, 8am sharp!
- 30 miles, heading out Reservoir Road to MacArthur Blvd, emphasizing safety and enjoyment
- Human pace (14-15mph average)

Watch this thread for weather updates - I'll call the ride only if it's really crappy out there.

If you're interested in joining, post on this thread, or contact me at 202-288-4195, or christina.raia@me.com.

Best,
Christina

barbara's ravatar barbara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 4/21/10 9:46 AM

This sounds absolutely perfect! I'll be at 14th & U at 8 am this Saturday, April 24.

Barbara

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 4/21/10 10:03 AM

Christina,

Wont's be in this weekend, but I think I might join in for a while. I am spending all my time off-road, but need to build my stamina up. So I need long casual rides.

Mark

POSTED: 4/21/10 1:09 PM

Barbara, I look forward to seeing you this Saturday, and Mark, look forward to seeing you some time in the near future!

Christina

POSTED: 4/21/10 1:26 PM

Christina, if you want to see me, you had better be alert at the beginning of the ride, because I really am the most pensive of pedalers. I sometimes forget to keep my speed up even in races.

Signed,
Always looking to improve, with lots of room to do so. :)

melaniej    JOINED: 4/22/10    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 4/23/10 8:33 AM

Hi Christina!
I am new to DC tri club and actually joined to find people to cycle with. This ride sounds perfect for me! I have races for the next few weeks, so I'd like to join you starting mid-May. I like the sound of human pace, I'm a little intimidated by some of these other rides! :)

-Melanie
meljyu@gmail.com

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 174
POSTED: 4/23/10 9:39 AM

Hi Christina,

I'm an NTPer and Pensive Pedalers sounds right up my alley. Please add my email to your distribution list for future rides! Thanks!
johojo1@aol.com
Joyce

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 4/23/10 11:02 AM

christina, add me to your list! i'm so pensive, i occasionally fall asleep!
jeanne

POSTED: 4/23/10 11:21 AM

You guys are cracking me up - I am glad to have found a group of relaxed riders!

Weather forecast for tomorrow is uncertain - Weather.com says the rain will start early in the morning, but Accuweather.com says it won't start until around 4 or 5pm.

I'll make the call by about 6:45am tomorrow, so check this post in the morning to see if we're still on.

Best,
Christina

Karbu2    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 4/23/10 1:49 PM

Hi Christina,

If your 6:45am post say so, I'll meet you in front of the Reeves Center and ready to ride at 8am.

Jahi

POSTED: 4/24/10 6:46 AM

Time to get up, everyone! Today's ride is ON!

Christina

POSTED: 4/24/10 9:18 AM

Enjoy the beautiful day. See everyone next weekend! Joyce

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 362
POSTED: 4/27/10 9:56 AM

Ok, I think this is the group for me :)

Pam

POSTED: 4/27/10 10:10 AM

Hey, how did this ride go on Saturday? Did you achieve critical mass?

POSTED: 4/27/10 10:25 AM

Yes, the four of us had a great ride from downtown DC out Reservoir Road to Falls. It was a perfect pace! Christina is a good group leader, and I highly recommend this ride.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria