Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Rides for the Rest of Us: Pensive Pedalers
CREATED: 04/14/10 by craia REPLIES: 57
craia's ravatar craia    JOINED: 3/15/09    POSTS: 39
RE: Rides for the Rest of Us: Pensive Pedalers
POSTED: 6/11/10 6:39 PM

Hi Barbara - See the post above yours. My bike's still out of commission, so I won't be riding tomorrow!

Christina

POSTED: 6/27/10 5:08 PM

Okay, Pensive Pedalers, time to get back in the saddle. Sorry for the little hiatus - one week was lost to bike repairs, another consumed by DC Tri, and last week was too crazy with work for me to get my act together for a ride.

But now it's finally time for the ride I've been threatening you all with: 50 miles, starting from the parking lot at the end of Riley's Lock Road in Potomac/Poolesville. See the link below for directions to Riley's Lock Road, drive all the way to the end, and meet me there. Wheels up at 7:30am sharp, so arrive earlier.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Riley's+Lock+Road+and+River+Road,+MD&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.003738,54.404297&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=River+Rd+%26+Rileys+Lock+Rd,+Darnestown,+Montgomery,+Maryland+20874&ll=39.077142,-77.339544&spn=0.018956,0.026565&z=15

This ride always puts a dent in my self esteem. My usual 14-15mph pace ends up around 13mph because of all the hills. So I'm hoping to get lots of company to keep my spirits up! Email me at christina.raia@me.com and I'll send you the cue sheet. I also have cue sheets for 20, 30, and 40 mile rides starting from the same place.

As always, bring sunscreen, money, phone, ID. Be prepared to ride alone if you're faster or slower.

trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 6/27/10 9:55 PM

Just moved here from FL, do you guys usually ride on Sat or Sun?
Rode the 60miler today with another group and just seeing what might be available for sat. Thx

POSTED: 6/28/10 8:34 AM

Hi Trigator - We're a Saturday morning ride. Usually shorter distances than the Sunday ride (our range is usually 30-60 miles). We'd love to have you join for a ride, just be aware that I'm a 'Nole :-).

Christina

barbara's ravatar barbara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 7/02/10 4:36 PM

Hi, Christina,

I'm back from the Philly death march and ready to ride! I will see you tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. Hills mean I will probably do the 30- or 40-mile ride. I hope there are some DC Tri people who will join us, because I know that at some point you will be long gone!

Barbara

barbara's ravatar barbara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 7/09/10 9:13 AM

Are the Pensive Pedalers riding this weekend?

POSTED: 7/09/10 9:39 AM

Great ride last week with Brent, Abby and Barbara who inspired me to keep my pace and my spirits up in the hilly netherlands!

I won't bore you all with my personal problems, but this Saturday (7/10) I need to get my ride done at Bolling AFB/Anacostia Naval Station. There's a 6-mile loop around the two bases that I'll ride over, and over, and over, and over. So if any of you have military, DOD, or other ID that allows you access to military bases then please join me there at 8am (the park by the river, where the bathrooms are, sort of across from the woodshop). E-mail me at christina.raia@me.com to let me know you're coming. Bring your running shoes for a brick, and a swimsuit if you want to hit the pool afterwards.

Next week, July 17, we'll be back in civilian territory with a 55 mile ride from Glen Echo. There will also be a 40 mile option.

Best,
Christina

POSTED: 7/09/10 4:10 PM

Brent is going to be riding tomorrow and has active duty military ID, which means he can get others on to the base with him! If you'd like to join us let me know: christina.raia@me.com. Who can resist a 6 mile loop of flat roads with almost no car traffic???

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 167
POSTED: 7/13/10 10:45 AM

Hi Christina and others. Are you guys still planning on your Saturday 55 miler? I'd like to join (finally), just need the details. Thanks.

POSTED: 7/13/10 8:55 PM

Hi Joyce - Yes, this Saturday's ride is on. 55 miles, starting from the Glen Echo parking lot which you can reach by turning off of MacArthur Blvd onto Oxford Rd. Once you turn onto Oxford the parking lot will be immediately visible. See link below:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=MacArthur+Blvd+%26+Oxford+Rd&sll=38.919148,-77.036297&sspn=0.037931,0.064802&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=MacArthur+Blvd+%26+Oxford+Rd,+7,+Montgomery,+Maryland&ll=38.969194,-77.140117&spn=0.002369,0.00405&t=h&z=18

Wheels up at 7:00am so arrive earlier. E-mail me at christina.raia@me.com so I can send you the cue sheet. Bring cue sheet, sunscreen, phone, ID, money, etc. Be prepared to navigate on your own if you are faster or slower than the group. And be ready for the short but meaningful climb up Brickyard Road :-).

Christina

POSTED: 7/22/10 6:44 PM

Hi everyone! This Saturday's ride (7/24) will be a 50-miler, starting from the northwest corner of 14th & U (in front of the Reeves building) at 7:00am. Supposed to be 102 degrees on Saturday, so we've got to get this ride over with early! This ride starts flat, hilly in the middle, ends flat.

Next Saturday (7/31) is a recovery week, so we'll be doing a nice, easy 40-mile ride starting from the end of Riley's Lock Road in Poolesville at 7:30 am.

As always, email me at christina.raia@me.com if you're coming so I can send you a cue sheet. We're usually a small group, so be prepared to ride alone if you're faster or slower than our usual 14-15mph average pace.

Christina

POSTED: 7/23/10 12:17 PM

It was already so hot by 7am this morning that I've decided to move the start time for tomorrow's ride (7/24) to 6:30am.

POSTED: 7/24/10 4:01 PM

Change in plans for Saturday, July 31: the ride will be a 50-miler leaving from 14th&U. Start time will be either 6:30am or 7:00am, depending on how hot it's going to be that day - I'll make the call by Thursday.

If any of you want to do a shorter ride, and/or don't want to start in DC, we'll do a rolling pick-up through the Glen Echo parking lot located just off of Oxford Rd (near the intersection of Oxford & MacArthur Blvd).

As always, average pace will be 14-15mph (so faster on the flats, way faster on the downhills, way slower on the uphills). Be prepared to ride on your own if you ride faster or slower than that. And email me if you plan on joining - christina.raia@me.com.

Christina

POSTED: 7/29/10 10:45 AM

Looks like we're going to have beautiful weather for our ride this Saturday, so we'll start at 7am. To recap, starting at the northwest corner of 14th & U (in front of the Reeves building). 51 miles.

We'll also do a rolling pick-up at the Glen Echo parking lot located off of Oxford road (at the intersection of MacArthur Blvd - the parking lot will be immediately visible once you make the turn onto Oxford). I estimate we'll make it to Glen Echo some time around 7:35 - 7:40. If you want to start and end at Glen Echo, the total distance of the ride will be around 33 miles.

As always, average pace will be between 14-15mph, which means faster on the flats and downhills, slower on the uphills. If you ride faster or slower than this, be prepared to ride alone. Bring the cue sheet, cash, ID, phone, repair kit, etc. Email me if you plan on joining so I can send you the cue sheet: christina.raia@me.com.

Hope to see you out there!

Christina

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 167
POSTED: 7/29/10 10:53 AM

As you know, I'm in! I'll shoot you an email for the cue sheet. See you Saturday. thanks. Joyce

trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/29/10 5:00 PM

Christine, can you send me the Q sheet for sat please. Thanks, looks like the group that i have been riding with (MoCo) is going to join you guys for your sat ride. Should be nice.

POSTED: 8/04/10 4:54 PM

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so no Pensive Pedaler ride for this Saturday, 8/7. But check back in next week for more details on the ride for Saturday, 8/14: 50 hilly miles starting at Riley's Lock Road in Poolesville area. (I'll also have a 30 mile & 40 mile option available).

Best,
Christina

POSTED: 8/16/10 1:15 PM

Hi Pensive Pedalers!

I'll be on vacation for the next two Saturdays (8/21 & 8/28), then tapering for my half-iron, so that means the regular Saturday Pensive Pedaler rides are over for the season! I'll probably do a few rides throughout the Fall, so be on the lookout.

It has been a pleasure pedaling with all of you this summer - you have all inspired me. Best of luck to those of you who are racing over the coming weeks!

The O.P.P.,
Christina

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria