DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New to the area!
CREATED: 04/22/13 by Alli8624 REPLIES: 4
Alli8624's ravatar Alli8624    JOINED: 4/22/13    POSTS: 2
New to the area!
POSTED: 4/22/13 1:10 PM

Hello everyone,

I just moved to the D.C. area from Buffalo, NY. I started racing triathlons last summer and really liked them. I used to swim in college and picked up running to stay fit after I stopped swimming competitively! I'm looking to meet some new friends and training partners. I can help you with all things swimming related if you can teach me a few things on the bike! Is anyone training for the Syracuse 70.3?

Alli

jxjia's ravatar jxjia    JOINED: 8/13/12    POSTS: 112
RE: New to the area!
POSTED: 4/23/13 8:04 AM

Welcome to DC, Alli!

I'm not doing Syracuse 70.3 but surely some folks in the club are. It's a huge club so the best way to meet people is probably by attending one of our many workouts. Just check out the "Train" section on the sidebar.

Best,
-Johnson

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
POSTED: 4/23/13 1:25 PM

You might look into the club's expanding master's swim program & its group of swim instructors/volunteers.

And the Columbia bricnic & PeasantMan & SavageMan training weekend are good ways to meet the club members.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 4/23/13 3:27 PM

There are DC Tri group rides on both Saturday and Sunday starting in Georgetown with riders of all abilities.

The Saturday rides are usually posted to the forum a few days prior.

Send Tuan an email to get on his email list for the Sunday ride-
http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=1B7C4DBB-BEC6-E352-B9B6A40D6D279BE1&page=1

Also, Freshbikes has Tuesday evening rides starting in May that gets a very good crowd.

Lots of people are training for summer Half Iron and Ironmans. Plenty of opportunities to train!

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
POSTED: 4/23/13 10:00 PM

Hi Alli -

Welcome to our club! You'll find that we have a very active community, offering many opportunities to train, race, and socialize together. Check out our busy social calendar and mark your calendar for our next happy hour. Or if you are looking to get in on a group workout, our weekly scheduled workouts are beginning to pick up steam now that the weather is getting nicer.

You should have received a welcome email with all sorts of details about making the most if the club. Please let us know if you didn't receive it and we'll get it sent back out.

Ryan,
President, DC Tri Club

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria