Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike pump recommendation?
CREATED: 10/23/13 by afava REPLIES: 8
afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
Bike pump recommendation?
POSTED: 10/23/13 12:28 PM

I'm on the search for a quality bike pump. Would you recommend yours?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1294
RE: Bike pump recommendation?
POSTED: 10/23/13 1:25 PM

Leyzne floor pump. It's not only the best floor pump that I've ever owned, it's the best floor pump that I've ever used anywhere. Twist the pump head onto the tire valve and just pump away. There is no need to worry about air leakage during the pump or wiggling anything to get it align properly over the tire valve. It doesn't care if you have a Presta or Schroder valve. Just twist on and pump.

The pump head/nozzle may not work with all valve extenders on racewheels, but you can purchase the nozzle that will. I forgot if the extra nozzles came standard with mine or not, but you can purchase it separately. They also sell Leyzne valve extenders for the racewheels.

Leyzne Floor Pump

--Tuan

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 482
POSTED: 10/23/13 1:43 PM

After many years of using my Topeak, Joe Blow digital pump, it started leaking some air. After doing some research and then calling Topeak, their customer service was great btw, the pump was discontinued at least 5 years ago.
I guess I got spoiled and did some research for a similar replacement. Some may see it as overkill but I recently got the Airace Hercules DG Floor Pump.
It's awesome and pumps up my tires quickly. It's a little taller and heavier than most but the heft makes me believe it's well built and will be around forever.
- Adam

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 456
POSTED: 10/23/13 2:15 PM

I use a Topeak Joe Blow Pro that I purchased at REI a few years ago with one of their 20% off coupons. The 'smarthead' works well on my Hed 3 wheels.

sportsbrajen's ravatar sportsbrajen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 42
POSTED: 10/23/13 3:22 PM

x2 on the Leyzne pump.

zdesmond    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 42
POSTED: 10/23/13 9:50 PM

Joe Blow Sport is great (yellow one). Cheap. I've had my for years and years and never had an issue with it. I think I spent $30. Quick google search reveals price hasn't changed much.

Tobes's ravatar Tobes    JOINED: 7/20/10    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 10/24/13 5:20 AM

+1 Joe Blow Sport.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 10/24/13 1:14 PM

Thanks!

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
POSTED: 10/24/13 4:14 PM

Also a fan of the Joe Blow. I have the next level up from the yellow one -- one great thing is that you can buy replacement parts for it, should the hose or the valve head wear out.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria