DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Member in Capitol Hill
CREATED: 02/23/10 by Nate REPLIES:
Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 68
New Member in Capitol Hill
POSTED: 2/23/10 8:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Nate. I moved to DC from California just a few months ago. I recently got it into my head to try doing a triathlon, and I found you guys on the web here. I signed up for the NTP so I'll be doing that.

I'm 31, I spend my days at home writing my PhD dissertation. My wife and I moved out here for her job.

My athletic background: swimming is my strong suit. I swam competitively back in high school and my first year of college, and have been trying to keep it up on and off over the years.

My biking has consisted mostly of commuting and leisurely rides around town. I've got this reliable hybrid bike I've had for years that will have to get me through my first triathlon. :-) I look forward to learning more about how to take my cycling a little more seriously.

My running is a new thing--it's partly what inspired me to try this. I started a couple of months ago and am up to 3 miles several times a week. I know for most of you it doesn't sound like much, but I tell you, after a lifetime of thinking I couldn't run, it feels like I could conquer the world. :-)

I look forward to meeting some of you and making some new friends.

Nate

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria