Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike to Work Day, May 21
CREATED: 04/14/10 by mosered REPLIES: 6
mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1796
Bike to Work Day, May 21
POSTED: 4/14/10 3:35 PM

On a tough week for cyclists, a positive way to spur more cycling and a great way of getting to work and putting in some extra miles:

http://waba.org/events/btwd/

Join thousands of area commuters for a celebration of bicycling as a clean,fun and healthy way to get to work! Meet up with your neighbors at one of 35 regional pit stops, ride into the city with experienced commuter convoys and meet your fellow cyclists at Freedom Plaza. Washington Area Bicyclist Association and Commuter Connections invite you to try bicycling to work as an alternative to solo driving. Help the Washington region become a better place to ride. Bike to Work Day is a FREE event and open to all area commuters. There will be a raffle, prizes, food, drink and more at all pit stops throughout the region.

Free T-shirts will available for the first 8.500 registrants who are in attendance at the pit stop they registered for.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1067
RE: Bike to Work Day, May 21
POSTED: 4/14/10 4:02 PM

Thanks, Ed. Just signed up and looking forward to it.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1796
RE: Bike to Work Day, Friday, May 21
POSTED: 5/19/10 1:07 PM

Riding in from Alexandria, aiming to reach the grand sight of thousands of cyclists gathering for breakfast snacks in downtown's Freedom Plaza by City Hall around 8 am.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 463
POSTED: 5/19/10 3:17 PM

I may try to ride from Bethesda up to Rockville. Weather looks great.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 5/19/10 3:31 PM

I'll be riding my whopping 3.5 mile commute from home to work and stopping by the Falls Grove station/meetup to pick up my free cleaning rag... I mean t-shirt.

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 5/19/10 3:45 PM

Really, Bethesda to Rockville? That is my commute. Which way are you going?

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 5/19/10 4:09 PM

I'll be working at the Rosslyn pitstop. Stop by the REI tent and say 'hi' if you ride through.

Ironically, bike to work day is the one day every year that I have to drive to work so that swag and supplies can get to Rosslyn.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria