Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike for my husband -- He's 5'10'' -- Advice
CREATED: 03/28/11 by zenetanar REPLIES: 3
zenetanar's ravatar zenetanar    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 35
Bike for my husband -- He's 5'10'' -- Advice
POSTED: 3/28/11 3:20 PM

My husband is just getting into tris and is registered for a sprint in May -- he has a mountain bike but nothing he can really use for this. He's not quite as obsessed as me, so we're looking for a road bike that isn't too pricey. I'm guessing used is the way to go. SO.. .where would you suggest getting one, and what size frame do you think he would need He's about 5'10'' and a half, and weighs about 180-190.

Thanks,
Gretchen

stoy    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 2
RE: Bike for my husband -- He's 5'10'' -- Advice
POSTED: 3/31/11 7:30 PM

hi gretchen,

i was actually about to post a bike on this forum, i just need to get some pictures ready to go. it's a tri bike though, not a road bike. i'm selling a 55cm litespeed (that should be about right for him - i'm 5'9" and it is just barely too big for me). it's titanium, so bomb proof, and i really haven't ridden it that much. it's also got full da. i'm looking for $1500, i can get into more details if you're interested. i plan to get it posted up here this weekend though. don't hesitate to reach out if you've got any specific questions.

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 3/31/11 9:25 PM

I got a great used road bike on Craigslist... you definitely need to start scanning the postings there!

zenetanar's ravatar zenetanar    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/31/11 10:00 PM

Update: He bought the road bike Diego was selling. Thanks everyone! He loves his new bike!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria