Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Arlington 50M Pool (coming)...
CREATED: 11/29/12 by nelsb7p0 REPLIES: 1
nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 440
New Arlington 50M Pool (coming)...
POSTED: 11/29/12 8:43 AM

Not sure if others saw this, but a 50M indoor pool will eventually be coming to Arlington - Long Bridge Park. I couldn't find a timeline other than that it looks like the plans are complete and a construction company will be put to bid/set in January 2013. I'm assuming that it's moving forward as the bond to fund it was approved in the election.

This could be good news for the masters program as I know is hard getting pool time at the Arlington school pools.

A preview of the plans for the Long Bridge Park is here.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 714
RE: New Arlington 50M Pool (coming)...
POSTED: 11/29/12 11:31 AM

I love Chinquapin, but Alexandria despearately needs another indoor pool. Chinquapin was intentionally built as a Rec pool 25 yrs ago. The HS can't even have home meets there (thank gawd or there would never ever be free swim time). Also, no lifeguards in Alexandria are FT so the City doesn't have to pay them benefits - which is absurd to run a year round facility like this.

What's the issue - too many nonprofits in Alexandria (compared to Arlington) and not enough tax base. Alexandria also needs 3 new elementary schools and a middle school so I guess we have to get on the que.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria