DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Race Across the Sky 2010: FREE Showing Thursday 7:30pm at Montgomery Mall
CREATED: 05/17/11 by janiehayes REPLIES: 2
janiehayes    JOINED: 5/16/09    POSTS: 30
Race Across the Sky 2010: FREE Showing Thursday 7:30pm at Montgomery Mall
POSTED: 5/17/11 10:51 AM

Heads up, cycling fans:

On Thursday evening, May 19, at 7:30pm, the Movies at Montgomery Mall will be presenting the "2010 Race Across the Sky" on the big screen. Admission is FREE with all proceeds from concession sales going to the First Descents cancer foundation. Here is a description of the movie:

In 2009, "Race Across the Sky" captured the imagination of countless mountain bike enthusiasts when Lance Armstrong not only won the Leadville Trail 100 Mountain Bike Race, but set a new course record that seemed unattainable. This year, "Race Across the Sky 2010" delves into the resulting race entry boom, including record numbers of citizen riders, all with their own personal reasons for challenging themselves to this epic test of will, strength and endurance. Joined by the toughest elite field this high-altitude century race has ever seen, these riders are tested by one of the most brutal courses known to the sport. From the center of the little mining town of Leadville, Colorado, to the 12,570-foot top of Columbine Mine, get ready to be inspired all over again.

Reserve tickets here: http://firstdescents2010raceacrosssky.eventbrite.com/

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
RE: Race Across the Sky 2010: FREE Showing Thursday 7:30pm at Montgomery Mall
POSTED: 5/18/11 1:02 PM

I wish I could go!

I've missed two showings of this already and Thursday doesn't work either. Oh well, I've been planning to buy the DVD so this is a good reminder. At least then I'll have some good viewing for next winter's trainer rides.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 514
RE: Race Across the Sky 2010: FREE Showing Thursday 7:30pm at Montgomery Mall
POSTED: 5/18/11 1:47 PM

That's too far for me on a Thursday evening, but I was able to see both the 2009 and 2010 movies during the original showings. Great cinematography and mountain bike racing action in both. Fans of endurance sports will enjoy it.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria