Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Setup Events Registration Open
CREATED: 01/05/10 by KingsPoint2001 REPLIES: 13
KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
Setup Events Registration Open
POSTED: 1/05/10 8:12 AM

Reminder Setup Events registration opened today. Anybody doing any of these races?

Rumpass in Bumpass (Apr 17-18)?
Kinteic (May 8-9)?

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1053
RE: Setup Events Registration Open
POSTED: 1/05/10 9:10 AM

There is a chance I may do the Kinetic Half or White Lake Half in early May. Another option I may do is the new Charleston (SC) Half on May 1st. Thanks for the notice. Guess I should decide soon.

seewhatucando's ravatar seewhatucando    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 1/05/10 11:38 AM

In for Kinetic Half!

cosacalo's ravatar cosacalo    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 1/05/10 11:58 AM

In for Kinetic Sprint

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 1/05/10 1:26 PM

Planning to repeat the Kinetic Half (but waiting for the 2nd paycheck of the month to sign up!).

rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 1/05/10 1:47 PM

Does anyone know if you can swim at Lake Anna during the off-season? I was hoping to get in an open water swim before the Kinetic, but they're swimming fee schedule is for Memorial Day to Labor Day. I wasn't sure if that was the only time you could swim or just the times you have to pay a fee.

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 1/05/10 3:54 PM

i'm doing the rumpus and bumpass sprint on april 18.

slashykk    JOINED: 5/31/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 1/05/10 8:20 PM

I'm also planning on registering for kinetic half after I get paid :) I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing some sort of rooming situation, or is it close enough that driving is possible?

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 428
POSTED: 1/05/10 11:10 PM

I know that last year CUBU (Tami) had an open water swim clinic that weekend of Rumpus in Bumpass (4/17) - so that may be a good opportunity to swim in Lake Anna. I didn't do the clinic but hopped in for a swim as they were wrapping up and there was no charge.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 1/06/10 11:30 AM

I am in for Angels Race along with my training partner Karen and actually a cohort of us that are making a weekend out of a combination of the Blue Ridge Marathon and/or Half on Sat and the sprint on Sunday-- if anyone else would like to join the gang, feel free to let me know. I am hoping to work out housing for us all through a number of friends I have that live in Lynchburg (I went to college there).

Karen and I and I think some other DC Capital Striders are doing the Kinetic Sprint.

I am going to Rumpus to cheer for a friend doing the intl dist and hope to hop in the lake to try out my new wetsuit but not competing that weekend!

Hillary

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 1/06/10 11:18 PM

I am IN for 4/17 Rumpass Intl. First time doing this race. Any tips on where to stay? Heard you can rent a place on the lake...

mtallent's ravatar mtallent    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 1/13/10 12:11 PM

I signed up for the Kinetic Half. Would be interested in sharing a room with another tri-chick (tallentmm at gmail). You can drive morning of if you want to get up really really early to make the 1 hr 45 min drive down there, but I'm not a big fan of getting up before 4 am (or before 5 am for that matter, hmm, before 6 is kinda rough too even though I do that most days...)

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
POSTED: 1/13/10 3:47 PM

The Rumpass Oly is superfun. I did it last year and will do it again this year. I believe the race doesn't start until 10 am so if you're coming from DC you can drive down race day morning and still have enough time for packet pickup etc ...

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 1/26/10 9:02 PM

I am signing up for the Rumpass in Bumpass Sprint if any other female would like to share a room. And I can carry another bike on my rack. I'm also happy to drive & share gas cost (very cheap as I drive a Prius). :)

Carrie

CarrieACampbell@gmail.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria