Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike before Happy Hour
CREATED: 04/14/10 by mosered REPLIES: 2
mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
Bike before Happy Hour
POSTED: 4/14/10 10:18 PM

Since HH venue is close by, bike beforehand, meeting at Hains, at tennis courts and Ohio Drive, for an hour of loops starting at 5:30 pm., before rolling over to the HH. Forecast: 72 degrees, sun-splashed, light wind. Tourists: Gone til next year.

(Also, optional Swim after Happy Hour:

From pier of Sequoia restaurant on the Gtown waterfront, swim across Potomac to Roosevelt Island. Wetsuit optional, swim suit not an option. Use empty beer bottles as flotation devices, or keg buoys supplied by celebrating NTPers. You'll travel across a good portion of the swim legs of the Washington, DC Tri and the Nation's Tri, while hearing Travis' tuba echoing up from the nearby Navy Yard. Return by stepping across driftwood back to the bar. :))

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 269
RE: Bike before Happy Hour
POSTED: 4/15/10 9:12 AM

Ed:
40 degrees was too cold for me this morning, so my bike's in my car to ride @ HP tonight. I may not be there by 530, but hope to be there shortly thereafter. I'll keep an eye out for you. It never occured to me to bike over to T&J...I may be up for that as well, but I'm not sure.

I'm definitely out for the swim :)

webbelo's ravatar webbelo    JOINED: 1/10/10    POSTS: 5
RE: Bike before Happy Hour
POSTED: 4/15/10 12:13 PM

I can't make the happy hour sadly, but the bike is a can do. I'll be there at 5:30 ready to ride.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria