Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Achilles Tendonitis
CREATED: 10/30/10 by krafty81 REPLIES: 4
krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
Achilles Tendonitis
POSTED: 10/30/10 8:07 PM

Was just diagnosed with this in my right shin. I think from a new running surface. Any recovery tips? Could not find a specific "injury" thread. Thanks.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
RE: Achilles Tendonitis
POSTED: 10/31/10 10:09 PM

I might take some days off from running, especially if you've finished your race season. Better to get healed up now than to have the injury linger on for months and into next year.

mcbkrun's ravatar mcbkrun    JOINED: 6/17/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 11/01/10 12:12 AM

I had that last year, I rotated my achilles between a bucket of with water with ice and another with warm water for 10 minutes. I did this for at least 30 minutes. Hope you feel better...

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 11/03/10 9:56 PM

Thanks. Could by slight tear ? MRI Fri. Getting old sucks.

SSPT    JOINED: 5/28/09    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 11/04/10 12:09 PM

Tell me about it! Tore my calf this summer out of the blue. Was given a diagnosis of old guy syndrome. That hurt!
The achilles takes a beating with running and the subtle changes in training stress can easily overload the tissue to the point of causing breakdown. The end result is pain. Icing is always good medicine with this. Gentle stretching of the calf can be helpful too, in addition to limiting the pounding stress on it. This approach should calm it down in a few days. When the tendon is swollen, even bulbous, the course is usually longer. A key component is calf raise exercises once things calm down. If you need help with that after the MRI, feel free to shoot me an email at robert.gillanders@ssptdc.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria