2020/2021 Board Of Directors Nominations
The DC Triathlon Club is seeking nine (9) motivated candidates for the 2020 Board of Directors to join the seven (5) current Board members serving out the remainder of their two-year term. The Club continues to make changes and, hopefully you agree, improve our offerings and initiatives to make this Club better and better. This is your opportunity to make the future of the club even better! We encourage all interested candidates to nominate themselves for Board membership. A club-wide vote will determine the eight members who will join the 14-member Board.
The incoming Board members will join the following members completing their term:
- Elizabeth Glomb
- Bryan Frank
- Ethan Lish
- David Jiang
- Cindy Hutchings
The guidelines for Club members who would like to run for a Board position:
- You must be a paid member for the 12-month period prior to elections, or receive a unanimous vote from the current Board, to be eligible to run (please don’t let this be a deterrent — contact us!).
- The term is a two year commitment (2020 and 2021) to the Board.
- The board meets once per month (2nd Monday of the month) and attendance or calling in is mandatory.
- The board holds a weekend retreat once a year (2019 retreat will be in February timeframe) and attendance is HIGHLY encouraged.
- You should expect to commit 2-5 hours per week for Club duties.
If you would like to nominate yourself, please post to this forum thread and let us know why you are a good candidate (e.g., what you have done for the Club, relevant experience that will help to make you an effective Board member, and what you would like to see happen in 2019). You must post by 11:59 pm on Friday, November 1st if you would like to be considered. Responses to this thread should only be to announce yourself as a candidate. Please send any questions to email@example.com.
Elections will be held via electronic ballot from Monday, November 4th through Monday, November 18th*. The new Board members will be notified on November 22nd* and will be strongly encouraged to attend the Annual Meeting & Kona Viewing Party tentatively in December where the 2020 Board will be announced.
*Note: Dates are subject to change pending the confirmation of the club’s Annual Meeting & Kona Viewing Party date and time.