2021 Club Award Nominations
It is that time of the year. Triathlon race season is winding down and we start to look back over the course of the year. At our races. At the friends we made. At the fun that we have had. Every year at the club’s Annual Meeting & Kona Viewing Party, we give out some fun awards to our members nominated and voted on by their teammates! Put on your thinking cap and reflect back over the year to gather your nominees!
We are now accepting nominations for the following awards for the 2021 year:
- Brady Nelson Memorial* Spirit of DC Tri (cheers everyone on, wears DCTri, etc.; essentially the DCTriClub mascot)
- Club Member of the Year (someone who represents the Club as a whole)
- Most Improved (male/female)
- Rookie of the Year (male/female) (their first year doing triathlon)
- Veteran Athlete of the Year (male/female) (not their first year doing triathlon)
If you would like to nominate someone for one of these categories, please visit the link below to post. Nominees must be current Club members. The nominees will be included on the ballot with the Board of Directors elections and the winners will be announced at the Annual Meeting on December 11th. Please submit all nominations by 11:59 pm on Sunday November 14th.
We ask that you please nominate people for discrete categories. And yes, people can be nominated for multiple categories (though nominating someone for both rookie and veteran might be a bit questionable).
*If you would like to learn more about Brady Nelson and why we are honoring him with a memorial award, please visit this Facebook link and read the comments: Brady Nelson Memorium»