- This event has passed.
Bird in Hand Half Marathon 2019
September 7, 2019
Weaving around the famous Amish farmlands of Lancaster County, this is a course that challenges your body and refreshes your soul. Dotting the route are water stations staffed by local families, eager to offer you refreshment. One-room schoolhouses serve as your rest stops!
- Weaves around the beautiful Amish farmlands of Lancaster County
- Run through the “Valley of No Wires,” a favorite training route for local Amish runners
- Refresh at water stations staffed by Amish families
- Visit rest stops at one-room schoolhouses
- Follow “pace buggies” which lead off the races
- Enjoy breath taking hot air balloon launches at race time
- Carb up at Pre-Race Pasta Party featuring spaghetti and pizza on Friday night
- Relax at a bonfire & free s’more party Friday night
- Capture the coveted “Road Apple” award if you tackle the Garden Spot Village Half Marathon on April 6 and the Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon in the same calendar year.