Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Make A Wish Tri - Bethany Beach
CREATED: 09/13/10 by danindc REPLIES: 2
danindc's ravatar danindc    JOINED: 3/20/09    POSTS: 5
Make A Wish Tri - Bethany Beach
POSTED: 9/13/10 8:43 PM

Anybody done it before, or doing it this year? It's Saturday, September 25th at Bethany Beach: http://www.tricolumbia.org/Make-A-Wish/

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
RE: Make A Wish Tri - Bethany Beach
POSTED: 9/14/10 11:39 AM

I have not done the race before, but I am in this year! I know there are a few other club members racing as well. I am looking forward to getting in another weekend at the beach, even if it is at the end of September.

enduro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
RE: Make A Wish Tri - Bethany Beach
POSTED: 9/14/10 3:59 PM

This is a well run race by the same group that put on the Columbia, Eagleman, and Iron GIRL races. The course has an ocean swim with the current. The flat and fast bike course is a big lollipop course on quite country roads. The run is down and back on Rt. 1. The most unique part of this race are the past Make-A-Wish "WISH kids" who talk about how the grant changed their lives. This is presented at the awards ceremony which is also unique because the very nice BBQ meal doesn't start until the near the end of the racers finishing. The front is very fast around 2:00 for the Olympic distance.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria