Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

The End of a Race?
CREATED: 05/29/12 by nelsb7p0 REPLIES: 8
nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
The End of a Race?
POSTED: 5/29/12 9:50 PM

Good article posted today about the recent race cancellations by WSEM...
http://www.expressnightout.com/2012/05/the-end-of-the-race/

Speculation on a new training tri site????

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 197
RE: The End of a Race?
POSTED: 5/30/12 8:06 AM

I'm telling you, it's time to start moving races to Gaithersburg/Germantown. This is a happening place and I can roll out of bed and be at the start line.

It's time for change, people.

Gaithersburg.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
POSTED: 5/30/12 8:19 AM

Oh fo' $ho!

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 330
POSTED: 5/30/12 8:52 AM

I'd like to see a big downtown triathlon in Baltimore! There are large urban triathlons in New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Minneapolis, Miami, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco, and last I checked DC.

We could swim in the Inner Harbor and the run could finish down Eutaw Street in Camden Yards, just like the Baltimore Running Festival. Under Armour would make a great title sponsor. Maybe it's time for Corrigan Sports to enter the world of triathlon!?!

DC is denying permits for successful triathlons... Baltimore is approving permits for wildly dangerous grand prix car races! I don't see how this could fail. I can see the OrioleMan Triathlon now!

Less races in DC? There could always BMore!!!

bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 5/30/12 10:23 AM

Umm...yeah, great idea Luke. Let's swim in the inner harbor, where dead bodies are found monthly.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-08-10/news/bs-md-ci-body-harbor-fells-20110810_1_dead-body-fells-point-fire-officials

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 5/30/12 10:25 AM

We should all just move to Hawaii - Have some hippie communal beach community and sleep on the beach and do triathlons.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 5/30/12 10:39 AM

Back in the late 80's/early 90's there used to be a triathlon in Baltimore as part of the Bud Light series. No, they didn't swim in the Harbor, but the swim took place in Gunpowder Falls State Park and the race had a double transition. I think in '92 the race site was moved to Lums Pond, but was a flop when some of the pros got stopped by a train crossing.

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 5/30/12 10:48 AM

Andy Sovonick for president.

Name the place and time. I'm pretty sure the MoCo folks would be all over this.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1270
POSTED: 5/30/12 11:20 AM

Swim in Rock Creek along Beach Drive near the MoCo border so that the discrimination against non-swimmers can end once and for all! Make it a 5 mile sprint swim. I don't care :)

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria