Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Reston Century - a few questions
CREATED: 08/20/09 by rah2774 REPLIES: 1
rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 239
Reston Century - a few questions
POSTED: 8/20/09 4:34 PM

Hi, these may be silly questions, but I've never done an organized century ride (or any century ride for that matter - well, except the first ever "Vietnamese Century" a few weeks ago) but will be in Reston Sunday.

I've heard it's a very well supported and administered event but didn't see any info online about where the rest stops are, what kind of food/beverage they'll have along the course, etc.

I'm trying to get a sense of what/how much I need to pack as far as food and hydration goes.

Thanks!
-becky

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1263
RE: Reston Century - a few questions
POSTED: 8/20/09 5:04 PM

The first aid station should at mile 15. The second, third, and fourth are at the same location... should be around mile 30ish. It's on the cue sheet and race packet that they give you. There are three different loops that you do that all end at that second aid station.

On course food include: ice snow cone, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, energy bars, Gatorade, water, cookies, fudge newtons, fruits. It's a pretty big buffet.

Food at the end include: Ice cream, pasta, potato chips, ... stuff that you would find at a picnic.

You really don't need to pack much (unless you have a specific drink or food that you absolutely need) ... just enough to get to mile 15ish. The second aid station is where the real buffet is. The first one has good stuff too but not like the second. I believed that they give you one energy gel at the packet pickup but none at any of the aid stations. I could be wrong on this though. You might want to bring extra energy gels if that's your thing.

If you want a complete list ... might be a good idea to email them.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria