Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Black Bear 2010 (Half turned Oly)
CREATED: 12/03/09 by dwitt616 REPLIES: 2
dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
Black Bear 2010 (Half turned Oly)
POSTED: 12/03/09 3:33 PM

Did anyone do the half last year? What did you think?

They changed it to an Oly - I assume to garner more interest. Might be a nice early Oly to get the heart pumping...

Does anyone have any insight? Anyone got it on their to-do list for this year? (Yes. I know it's probably still a little early...)

-Dan

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 123
RE: Black Bear 2010 (Half turned Oly)
POSTED: 12/03/09 4:44 PM

I did the Half last year and am sad that they turned it into an Oly. It was tough, but absolutely beautiful.
The swim is in a gorgeous, current-free lake. The bike for the Half was two-loop course through the country-side that either had you flying at 35+ mph, or crawling up hill at 5mph. There was one short flat stretch in the middle and then again at the end heading to TA. I don't know what the bike course the Oly is, but don't underestimate those hills. Individually, they're not too bad, i.e. steep, but the constant climbing gets to you. Run was nice, a two-loop course, including an out-back over the dam.
The race had really great, great volunteers and was well-organized. I'd highly recommend it.

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
RE: Black Bear 2010 (Half turned Oly)
POSTED: 3/30/10 11:26 AM

Anyone doing this race? I would love to get an Olympic race in during May and this is one of the few I can find.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria