Please use the email address associated to your DC Tri Club account to login. The username login will be phased out over the next few months, at this time you can use either to login.
Likely to the T, maybe Poolsville, B+ pace.
I'm in on Sat -- no illusions about keeping up with the A-team this week -- looking forward to enjoying the music of Abby and The B-Groupers starting at 8:05 -- #finallyovertheflu
Will likely join the B group.
Hello- I'm looking to join in on one of the upcoming rides, possibly this Saturday. I'm fairly new to DC and need to get involved with the club. Where does the ride start at 8:05? Many Thanks!!
going to give this a go- B group from gtown, to the BP or a little further.
+1 for the B group. In to the T.
Exciting that we will have so many out there tomorrow!
I want to reiterate some things that have been said before and make very clear some key points. Safety is KEY on a big group ride. I don't mean for any of this to come across as stern, just concerned and cautious. I don't want to get hurt, either!!
1) This is not a no-drop ride. We'll do one major regroup at the BP. Please bring the necessary flat kits, food, etc., for yourself.
2) People will be going different distances. Do what you need/want to do. I will be riding about 55, planned course posted later (I'd do it now, but a conference call beckons).
3) No drafting in aero. In fact, if you aren't comfortable in a paceline, don't try it for the first time on this ride. The roads are full of potholes and there are a lot of cars. Safety is the most important thing.
4) Single up on MacArthur and River. Too many twists and turns. If you want to chat and be social, drop to the back. Frankly, you should probably single up for the whole ride, but there are certain places where it is okay to double up.
5) I generally take Canal back to Georgetown (some take Reservoir). On this road, double up and occupy the whole lane like a car. Safer.
I'll be riding a B+ pace (18-20 on the flats).
Okay, I think that's all out of me for now until I map out my route. :)
Hey, I'd definitely be up for joining the Sat. ride group from G-Town if there'll be any 16-19mph pacers..
We can decide at the BP if we go out River and back Glen or vice versa.
See you tomorrow!
hi abby! i can't access your link.
So, are people headed out this weekend? Or is everyone doing the duathlon instead? I was hoping to head to the BP or to the T at a B/B+ pace, starting in cap hill.
I'm looking to go out on Sat- interested in hitting the T if there's enough momentum.
I am in for Sat at the B/B+ pace. Need to get in about 90 miles. Starting in Gtown.
Just 90? Why not add 10 and make it the year's 1st century?....
In to the T.
See you guys out at the Hill start.
I'm in for the T or Poolsville.
I'm in for B+ starting at Gtown. Looking for 40-50
I'm interested in joining the ride. Any b speed riders going? I need to do about 70. Will join in Georgetown.
In to Poolesville, A-/B+ pace. Route info shortly.
--Abby (and Olwen, and Pam)