DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Cue Sheet
CREATED: 09/02/09 by tgrollman REPLIES: 7
tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
Cue Sheet
POSTED: 9/02/09 11:02 AM

Hi all.

I need to get out and do a 60-80 mile ride on Saturday, but can't go as far out as the Bay Century. Does anyone have a good Cue Sheet they can share for a flat ride not to far from the city?

Thanks,

Tania.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1052
RE: Cue Sheet
POSTED: 9/02/09 11:14 AM

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2865377

This is the first part of the route that the Sat. ride takes. From there, continue on Falls (instead of turning onto Oaklyn) to River, Left on River Rd. It's about 10 more miles from Great Falls to the 'T' at Seneca at which point you can turn left to stay on River and head out towards Poolesville. That's ~74 from the Hill. Or you can keep going out to Sugarloaf.

It's a nice ride and a popular route if you haven't done it.

-Travis

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/02/09 11:16 AM

Tania,

You need a ride out to the Bay Century??? If so, I will be heading to it there in the morning.

Z

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 9/02/09 11:32 AM

(Tania, I'm not trying to hijack your thread, really!)

Travis (or anyone), do you have any idea on how the the ride out to the T/Seneca/Poolsville is traffic wise on a weekday early afternoon? I have a 110miler coming up that I'm going to have to do on a Monday.

I know someone did this recently:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3108826

POSTED: 9/02/09 11:38 AM

Thanks Travis. Is this ride flat?? I HATE hills and since Cozumel is flat, there is no reason to torture myself! :-)

Z- thank you for the ride offer, that is so sweet. I want to do the the Century, but I have plans on Saturday which collide with going out that far. I have to get my ride in a dusk and be home before noon.

Tania

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1052
POSTED: 9/02/09 12:11 PM

Ryan -- I rode out to Poolesville on a Monday afternoon recently and it wasn't too bad. You should try to get back into town by 3:30, though. It starts getting a little dicey after that.

Tania -- It's not exactly flat but it's doable, for sure. River Rd. has some pretty good rollers between Falls Rd. and Seneca but other wise it's pretty flat. That section of River Rd. is about 8 miles long. Coz is bound to be windy so a few hills aren't so bad for training.

I'll check with Katie to see if she's interested in riding this weekend. She knows the course pretty well and would likely be about your speed on the bike.

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 9/02/09 12:41 PM

Tania,
I'd be up for joining you (and possibly Katie) on Sat if you want company. I'd like to get 60+ in myself. Happy to go early. And I know the ride out to Poolesville like the back of my hand now. Potholes, gas stations, hills and all.

Karen

POSTED: 9/02/09 1:44 PM

Karen,

That would be great. Drop me an email at tgrollman@yahoo.com so we can work-out the details.

Tania.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria