DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

2 transitions
CREATED: 07/24/09 by sacha204 REPLIES: 4
sacha204's ravatar sacha204    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
2 transitions
POSTED: 7/24/09 8:01 AM

Hello~

I am doing the Wilkes-Barre Oly next weekend. I have never done this race and there are two separate locations for the transition areas. Has anyone done a race with 2 transitions areas and what advice would you give?

Thanks,
Sacha
Good luck everyone who is racing this weekend and have fun!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
RE: 2 transitions
POSTED: 7/24/09 8:12 AM

Sacha,

NYC Triathlon has 2 transitions. It will be easier than you think. They will have it assigned as a color or something of that sort. Just remember which color or whatever you are in. There is usually a guy standing there and signs that will tell you which way to your specific transistion area. All you have to do then is goto your transistion as you normally do, and do your thing. Good Luck

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 440
POSTED: 7/24/09 8:45 AM

Rhode Island had two transitions. They gave use three bags: (1) dry clothes for pre and post-race stuff, (2) T1 bag, and (3) T2 bag. Initially you put your bike gear in the T1 bag. Upon exiting the water, out goes the bike gear and in goes the wetsuit/swim gear. They hauled the dry clothes and T1 bags to the finish line. T2 bag is used for your running gear. Off the bike, out goes running gear and in goes bike gear. Really very easy and somewhat less stress than a normal transition. Same format as Ironmans even with only one transition area. However your race may use a slightly different process.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 7/24/09 10:37 AM

Have fun up in Wilkes-Barre. Harvey's Lake is home of the original Grotto's Pizza. I wish I could offer you advice, but the last time I did that race was in 1992. The run was like 11K or something. Good luck.

sacha204's ravatar sacha204    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 7/24/09 12:02 PM

Thanks Hugh! I grew up in the area. I can't wait to get some good pizza. It think it is the same course from when you did it. Not much in that area changes. :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria