Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Spring Gear Update
CREATED: 03/01/09 by kmwpro REPLIES: 18
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
Spring Gear Update
POSTED: 3/01/09 4:14 PM

Here's the latest on our spring gear orders:

Sugoi
Sugoi gear shop is open. We're closing it midnight Tuesday, March 3 and submitting the order on Wednesday, March 4. If we find out that we haven't met our minimum order, we'll update here and will keep it open until we do. We're working to have a LIMITED amount of Tri gear available at our Bike Shop partners for those NTP folk who can't wait till next year.

We hope to have received the order in time for folks to wear their new gear at Columbia; if it arrives that week, we will work with folks doing that race to try to coordinate to get it to you in time.

Sugoi samples are currently at Conte's in Bethesda to try on for sizing.

Here is what's there:
Women's:
Fizz Bra - S, M, L
RS Tri Tank - S, M
Evolution Tri Short* - S, M

Men's:
RS Tri Tank - S, M, L, XL
RS Tri Short - S, M, L

*Please note that the women's shorts that we will be ordering will be the RS Tri Short (same style as the men's shorts on display), not the Evolution Tri Short. Sugoi did not have samples of the women's RS Short to send. They assured me that sizing will be the same as the Evolution, however the fabric is a little different (see Men's RS Tri Short).

Sorry that we do not have all sizes available to try on. Click here for more info on Sugoi sizing.

Hincapie
We are STILL waiting to hear back from our Hincapie representative so we can open that section of the gear shop. Once we are able to open it, we will make sure to keep it open a full week in order to give ample time for people to get their orders in.

Hincapie samples are also at Conte's in Bethesda. Here's what's available to try on:

Women's Shorts: xs, s, m, l, xl
Women's Short Sleeve Jersey: xs, s, m, l, xl
Women's Long Sleeve Jacket: M

Men's Bib Shorts: xs, x, m, l, xl, 2xl, 3xl
Men's Short Sleeve Jersey: xs, s, m, l, xl, 2xl, 3xl
Men's Long Sleeve Jersey: L
Men's Vest: L
Men's Long Sleeve Jacket: L

Bondi Bands
Looking for a new way to express your DC Tri Club pride? We’ve got just the thing. For the first time, we are introducing custom DC Tri Bondi Bands. You’ve probably seen these stylin’ headbands at the big race expos. DC Tri will be placing an order for white “wicking” headbands imprinted with our logo. The final cost will depend on the number we order, but will likely be around $7-8 each.

Check out their website for more information about Bondi Bands.

Number of interested is at 18 right now; please keep an eye out for an updated post on this topic.

DC Tri Club Transition Mats
Check these out: www.fasttransition.com

We are also gauging interest in placing a custom order of these mats with our DC Tri Club logo. These would replace the towel most folks use to set up their transition gear on.

Please email gear@dctriclub.com if you have questions about any of these gear items or if you would like to join the Bondi Band or Transition Mat order.

rwsdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
RE: Spring Gear Update
POSTED: 3/02/09 9:40 AM

How do we order the Sugoi gear? The gear shop link indicates that the items are not available. Also, the link for information on Sugoi sizing is not live. Thanks.

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 212
POSTED: 3/02/09 11:45 AM

As of right now the Gender and Size options do not work on the shop but you can order gear. If you do so and the options are not there just purchase the items and send an email to gear with your gender and size.

POSTED: 3/02/09 11:46 AM

Now the gear shop link doesn't work at all...so I expect they are working on all of that today.

Please keep checking back. If I get a heads up that it's working again, I'll post here.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 3/02/09 7:37 PM

The gear shop links are up again. If you want to look as cool and sleek as this new website, be sure to order your Sugoi DC Tri gear!! The Sugoi gear order will close at midnight on Tuesday, March 3rd.

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 3/04/09 9:18 AM

Is it too late to order gear? The gear shop appears to only be selling swim caps. I wanted to wait to be sure I got in NTP (and i did, yay!) until I made my order, but am I now too late?

POSTED: 3/04/09 10:09 AM

Ashley - send me an email at schiang101 (at) gmail (dot) com

phillybindc's ravatar phillybindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/08/09 10:42 PM

I have no idea what I need to buy for my first Triathlon in July with NTP. Is there a comprehensive list of essential and optional items that I need to purchase....and what I should purchase through DC Tri Club and what I'll need to purchase on my own? Thanks.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
POSTED: 3/09/09 9:26 AM

Nothing that DCTri offers is essential. The only things that are essential for a triathlon are a bike and helmet and DCTri does not sell those. You don't even need shoes. If your feet can handle it, you can even run barefoot. Our sport is a toy heavy sport and an expensive one at that. It's up to you to determine what is essential based on your financial status and desire to have cool toys.

Some of us, like me, buy everything in sight when we first got started. Others take a more rational approach. I think the best thing to do is to purchase things in phases. Use the play it by ear approach. Buy the essentials first and then buy the other toys as you go along. Don't do it all at once because there are things that others will have that you simply do not need. I have Ironman branded panties. The look cool at the display but now I'm just a weirdo for owning one.

Is it nice and cool to have tri gears with DCTri logos on them ? Yes. Will you be banned from hanging with the DCTri folks if you don't have the gear ? No.

Assuming that you have bought absolutely nothing yet, I think that the things you should buy through DCTri are the bike/tri short and tri shirt/bike shirt. The tri/bike shirt will wick away sweat during a hot weather ride and will give you pockets to store things. The bike/tri short will allow support the essential parts during the bike ride and will one day allow you to reproduce offspring with 10 fingers and 10 toes.

Here are the other things that I think that you should get to help you get started

1. Goggles. I was the tha AU tri swim clinic last year where the coach said that the only ones who buys expensive goggles are the amatures. The professional ones like Michael Phelps get the run of the mill kind. They may have $5,000 speedsuits but expensive goggles does nothing for their swimming. Take that for what it's worth.

2. Swim cap. The race that you enter will give you a swim cap and will require you to wear it but you should swim with one first to see what that feels like before race day. Swimming with a cap on is very different than swimming without one. DCTri sells swim cap

3. Bike odometer/speedometer preferable w/cadence. Usually the cadence ones will be installed to your rear wheel. This has the added benefit of allowing you to see your speed/cadence while riding the trainer over the winter. The cadence computer should be only a few dollars more than one without it. The Speedometer will allow you to see what speed you are comfortable at. During a race, you are not allowed to draft or ride in groups so the speedometer will assist you in that aspect

4. If you have a road bike, get biking gloves. They are designed to distribute the pressure of the handle bars to your hands. This is a wonderful thing over long bike rides. It will also help you when you fall. It's good to get a pair for any bikes but especially for a road bike since you are on the handle bars for longer amount of time than if you were on a tri bike.

5. A good pair of running shoes that has been properly fitted. Any local running store will have someone there to do it for you for free.

6. Water bottle for the bike ride. DCTri gives out a free one when you joined but there are other kinds out there that are extra insulated so that your fluids stay cool longer. This is a wonderful thing during the hot summer rides.

Others may add to the list. I think that most other things are "nice to have" stuff. Get them as you get more into the sport but not at startup.

Tuan

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 212
POSTED: 3/10/09 11:02 AM

Hincappie bike gear is being added today. Right now everything but the shorts are up in the shop.

POSTED: 3/13/09 9:50 AM

The Sugoi order is back open!! If you missed getting your order in before, here's your chance to wear the DC Tri Club colors proudly! Get to the gear shop now and order your tri tops, shorts, and bras! Be sure to email gear@dctriclub.org with your sizes after you have placed your order.

dctexan's ravatar dctexan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 3/18/09 3:50 PM

The Hincapie cycling gear shop is being closed at midnight tonight, correct?..I know the Sugoi shop is open til the 22nd. Just wanted to bump this post up (or down) if anyone wants sweet DC Tri cycling swag.

POSTED: 3/21/09 11:18 AM

Hi guys,
If you placed an order and didn't email your size and gender information to gear@dctriclub.org, we don't know what size to order for you. Please do this asap so we can get the Hincapie gear sent in early next week. I'll email folks whose sizes I'm missing. If you have a paypay receipt and have sent the size info to gear@dctriclub.org, you are in good shape.

Please note that just emailing me sizes will not actually be placing your order. You need to PAY first! :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Karen

POSTED: 3/21/09 11:19 AM

Edit above: I mean PAYPAL receipt. Sorry :)

POSTED: 3/30/09 7:02 PM

Hi guys,
Same message again. I was going to try to get the Sugoi order put together tonight, but I've only gotten about HALF the sizes.

If you placed an order and didn't email your size and gender information to gear@dctriclub.org, we don't know what size to order for you. Please do this asap!!

I've also gotten a few size orders but don't have a corresponding paypal name/order. If someone else ordered for you from their paypal login, then I can't tell what is what.

Please note that just emailing me sizes will not actually be placing your order. You needed to PAY first! :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Karen

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 398
POSTED: 5/12/09 12:12 PM

I know practically every one on the club has asked in some form or another: is the gear in for Columbia this weekend?

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 239
POSTED: 5/18/09 10:11 AM

being a relatively newbie to the club - when do you think you'll be taking orders again? I would have loved to be sporting a DC tri kit yesterday.
thanks!
-Becky

ksdecker44    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 5/18/09 2:15 PM

I tried to go to the Gear shop on the site but couldn't place an order. There are no options for shorts/tops, etc. Is the order still open?

POSTED: 5/19/09 12:32 AM

The Sugoi gear order is CLOSED. Let me be clear - that means that you can no longer order DC Tri Club tri tanks/shorts. It is a custom printed order that we typically have only done once a year (in the spring) due to the minimum quantities required for the custom order. Please do not email gear@dctriclub or post multiple times in multiple places on the forum. The answer will be the same - the Sugoi order is closed and you cannot place an order.

For those who missed the boat on the order, there will be a very limited amount of tri tanks (and when I say limited, I mean only a couple each of certain sizes) available for sale at Conte's. THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT CONTE'S YET. Please do not call/visit Conte's to ask them about the gear. We will make an announcement on the forum when the tanks at Conte's will be available for sale (as it is yet to be determined which store they will be in).

If you did order Sugoi gear, please see this post for delivery information:
Spring SUGOI Gear Order – Delivery Information

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria