Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

beginner swim practice
CREATED: 08/23/13 by keith046 REPLIES: 2
keith046    JOINED: 8/17/13    POSTS: 2
beginner swim practice
POSTED: 8/23/13 7:28 PM

I was wondering, I see that the masters program has a intermediate to advanced program, but what about a beginners program.
I can swim a bit, but would like to swim better.
I would appreciate a little more info since I haven't seen it here
thanks

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 362
RE: beginner swim practice
POSTED: 8/23/13 9:26 PM

Hey Keith,
You probably saw this already on the Master Swim Program page but I'll copy it here anyway...

Do you have anything for people that feel like they aren't ready for a Master's practice?
Currently the masters program does not offer a beginner's clinic. However we've had people join the program that had issues swimming a steady 200 prior to joining. The morning sessions are a bit more beginner swim friendly.

Every quarter we will offer a free "Intro to Masters" to introduce all the club swimmers the lingo and some of the drills that we do at a Masters practice.

I think if you email masters@dctriclub.org, they might be able to help you out more.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 346
RE: beginner swim practice
POSTED: 8/26/13 12:06 PM

Hey Keith -

I'm Catharine - I'm the program lead for the Masters program. Come on down and join us for a session, on us, and see if you like the program or not. Just let us know a day a head of time, so we can let the coaches on deck to expect you, via masters@dctriclub.org.

And while the program is more geared towards intermediates and advance swimmers - our morning sessions have built up some swimmers that weren't able to swim 50 yards non-stop to swimmers that are able to hold their own.

Feel free to email us if you have any questions.

-Catharine

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria