CREATED: 01/30/11 by laineym3 REPLIES: 30
chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
RE: Rumpus in the Bumpass? Oly/Sprint?
POSTED: 4/15/11 1:28 PM

In for the sprint!

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 398
POSTED: 4/15/11 2:31 PM

Hope to see a lot of you down there for the Olympic tomorrow. If the rain holds out should be good temps.
-Brady

janiehayes    JOINED: 5/16/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 4/15/11 6:52 PM

Good luck everyone. Make us proud!

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
POSTED: 4/16/11 7:04 PM

Quick look at some top results, very incomplete, of the names recognized:

Andy Blatecky, 2:15.

Bryan Frank, 2:25.

Olwen Huxley, 2:27 (after complaining about the weather).

Jennifer Gephart, 2:31.

Ellen Wexler, 2:32.

James Wilson, 2:35.

Toby Mandel, 2:42 (after coming back from injuries).

http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_results&id=2316

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 4/17/11 10:22 AM

Good times out there yesterday...and how about that "swim"??

Congrats to those who raced, and are racing today!

Andy

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 4/17/11 11:50 AM

I'm conflicted about the swim. Sure, it was the slowest 1500m I've ever done, but somehow it was the most comfortable I've ever been in the open water? Is it just experience and getting used to these swims, or what? I can't say. But I really enjoyed it!!!

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 4/17/11 3:50 PM

Just got back from the sprint. Seems like the only time that I can learn anything from was the run. Swim was definitely either long or just slow, and the bike had lots of transition time incorporated into it. Event was very well run though besides those minor data gripes.

Pretty much perfect conditions out there. Could have maybe used a few extra degrees of warmth, since my toes got a bit numb on the bike. Muddy out there still, so I can't imagine what you guys put up with in the olympic yesterday. Saw quite a few people stuck in their cars trying to get out from the parking lot.

Didn't see as many DCTri jerseys out there as I was expecting. I think some of you need to get yourself to the gear shop!

-Brian

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
POSTED: 4/18/11 10:01 AM

Even for the sprint the swim seemed long. Not sure why.

My feet were absolutely frozen on the bike, so when I did the bike dismount running on the pavement was super painful. Took me 1/2 mile to get the feeling back on the run, which in a 5 K race is a lot of time.

Funny note on the mud, one of my shoes got stuck about 1/2 mile into the finish, but I didn't want to stop so I just ran into the finish without it. Made for an interesting coold-down jog.

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 4/18/11 11:39 AM

Sean I agree. The swim yesterday did feel painfully long. I also managed to get wedged between a couple very grabby people at the beginning who I believe mistook the swim leg for some sort of wrestling/cage match. I think that slowed me down a bit.

Besides that, and the frozen feet, a great race day. I wasn't sporting the DC Tri shirt yet as I'm new to group and it hasn't come in yet. I was out there though with the more subtle DC Tri Visor!

-Scott

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 4/18/11 10:26 PM

That was the most physical swim I've ever done. Felt more like waterpolo in an ice cold lake. I honestly thought the distance was close to right, it was the chop and cold that made it harder.

Really pretty day and bike course. Flat, but not pancake. Didn't care for the run through the muddy trail with all the ankle-breaking roots (thank God they marked them in orange) at the end, but it did break up an otherwise quick out and back run. My post-race pizza was gag-tastic, but gatorade makes anything taste better. ;-)

Saw plenty of you out there -- glad to hear all the "go dc tri" shouts.
-Jason

ksdecker44    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 4/18/11 11:03 PM

Great to see lots of DC Tri-ers out on the course!

Agree choppy swim and although I thought I had overcome that feeling of panic on the swim, this was the first tri of the season and that panic never seems to fail! I abandoned my freestyle and was on my back perfecting the backstroke and enjoying the sun after about 100m :( That was suppose to be my strong leg!!! Found my breath, flipped over and found my rhythm, and actually felt like I was warming up by the end of the swim..I'm sure it was just numbness haha.

Definitely agree about frozen feet and not feeling them on the run :( and that dismount off the bike and trying to get down that hill without totally wiping out was absolutely the hardest part. My parents asked me if I had crashed when they saw me struggling down the hill after the dismount. I told them I was trying not to completely wipe out and make a fool of myself!!!

Overall, beautiful weather and nice flat bike and run course! Great to see everyone out there and hope everyone had a good race!

Karly :)

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria