Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Philly Triathlon Hotel Rooms
CREATED: 04/07/10 by adilks REPLIES: 14
adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
Philly Triathlon Hotel Rooms
POSTED: 4/07/10 10:06 AM

If you're signed up for the Regional Club Championships at the Philly Triathlon on June 27, or heading up to cheer or volunteer, then its time to reserve your hotel room.

A block of rooms have been set aside at the Sheraton City Center, only 3.5 miles from the race site. Mention DC Triathlon Club to get the negotiated rate of $95 per night. If you reserved a room on Friday night then please email me to get the group rate.
email Angela
Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel
17th & Race St
Philadephia, PA 19103
For reservations call: 800-325-3535
Group Name: DC Triathlon Club
$95 per night

We're also working on a pre-race dinner. More info to follow.

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
RE: Philly Triathlon Hotel Rooms
POSTED: 4/07/10 10:30 AM

I'm in for Phili. My first Oly. I would be up for sharing a room to save some cash for the random stuff I'll want to buy at the Expo.

Pete

HeatherS's ravatar HeatherS    JOINED: 1/7/10    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 4/08/10 11:58 AM

Hmmm...I signed up for the race on my own and I am a DC Tri Club member. Do I have to be a part of the 'Regional Club Championships' to get this discount?

POSTED: 4/08/10 12:02 PM

Heather,
No, just tell them you're with the DC Tri group to get the discount. Did you sign up for the Oly race or the Sprint? If you signed up for the Olympic then I'll contact the race director to get your name added to the club championship. I already got Pete added to our list.
-Angela

HeatherS's ravatar HeatherS    JOINED: 1/7/10    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 4/08/10 12:11 PM

Thanks Angela. Yes, I'm doing the Oly. And thanks for adding me to the club championship. :)

POSTED: 4/08/10 12:39 PM

Do most people just stay Satuday night or Friday too? Being my first Tri that I will have to travel to, I don't know if its better to get there Friday night.

I didn't see on the Phili Tri site what time the transition area opens. Is it typically the night before?

I booked a double twin room for the 26th under the group.

Pete

POSTED: 4/08/10 12:53 PM

I only did the room block for Saturday, but hopefully the hotel will give the same rate for anyone wanting to extend their stay. If not, then let me know and I'll add some rooms on Friday into our room block.

Most races do bike check-in the morning of the race.

I suggest heading up Saturday morning instead of Friday night because traffic is a mess on Friday nights in June.

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 177
POSTED: 4/09/10 4:10 PM

Just tried to book a room... sold out, didn't have our group listed??? Definitely called the right hotel- stay there every year for the Army Navy game.

POSTED: 4/09/10 4:26 PM

Matt,
I just called the 800 number and they said that there are plenty rooms available for $95 under our room block for June 26th.
Angela

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 177
POSTED: 4/09/10 4:43 PM

Just called back- last person was an idiot... double checked location & date with her!!! Sorry about the confusion. All set.

barbara's ravatar barbara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 4/28/10 3:08 PM

Adding some Friday night rooms to the block would be most helpful. Otherwise, they are ~$160, instead of $95.

Thanks! for setting up the lodging.

POSTED: 5/04/10 11:08 AM

If you want a room on Friday night then please send me your name and confirmation number and the hotel will honor the $95 room rate for Friday.
Click to email Angela

sidney    JOINED: 8/13/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 5/10/10 12:59 PM

Are there rooms blocked off for the 25th for those who are doing the sprints? Thank you for the block on Saturday.

POSTED: 6/11/10 6:47 AM

Has anyone done Philadelphia Tri before? I'm curious what the logistics of it are. Do we rack bikes the night before? In the morning, is there parking near the transition area?

Thanks,
Pete

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 6/11/10 5:03 PM

This info is in the athlete's guide which is located here : http://www.phillytri.com/eventinfo/schedule

Bike racking is Sunday morning, transition area opens at 0500 & closes at 0645.

Parking is a mess any time there is an event - most hotels are a short bikeride away & I would encourage you to just bike there & save yourself the hassle. You'll be eating lunch at a fun restaurant in center city while other people are waiting in traffic to get their car.

One other tip for this race - the swim is a point-to-point swim. There's a shuttle to get you from transition to swim start. I wished I had brought something disposable for my feet to hang out on Kelly Dr for the 1.5h I spent waiting around there - old flip flops to throw away later would've been great.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria