Tour de DC Tri Stage 8
We’re overdue for another NoVa or Cap Hill ride so this week let’s do a fun Anacostia loop that covers both sides! It’s a fast and mostly flat loop with a couple of hills. We’ll avoid as many trails as possible and go along Potomac Ave which if you’ve never tried runs parallel to the Mt Vernon trail and is a great alternative. Then on the Anacostia side we’ll go parallel to Oxon Run Park. If you prefer, you can also take the trail in Oxon Run Park but at one point you will have to cross the stream. Tag us on social media if you decide to do some fjording!
Here’s the route:
We’ll have two segments so that way folks from NoVa or Cap Hill can enter or leave at any place. Make sure you pass both if you’d like to be counted.
1. Washington Monument (Independence + 15th St) to entrance to Jones Point (Royal St + Jones Point Dr)
2. Start of Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail in Alexandria to end of 11th St Bridge by Navy Yard (11th St + O St)
– watch out for gravel on the down hill in Oxon Cove Park
– glass on the Oxon Cove Park Trail particularly as you leave the park to Blue Plains
– just before the 11th St Bridge at Good Hope Road, cross to the left side if you’d like to cross the bridge on the sidewalk trail
1. No group rides. Please ride solo or in a pair with good social distance.
2. Finish by Wednesday night if you’d like to count towards the leaderboard