1985 Trek 660 58cm frame

Home Forums Classifieds FREE! 1985 Trek 660 58cm frame

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LUKE PETERSON
    Participant

Free for DCTC pick-up — it’s a beautiful, well-made steel frame. Tight wheel-base, crit-like geometry. Features Reynolds 531CS tubes — the “CS” means the special 531 alloy is on all triangles rather than just the main tubes. Weighs very little for a steel bike.

I had wired it up as a DI2 Ultegra 2×10, and in doing so cold-set the rear to accept a modern hub. I would still be riding it today but I caught my dream roadie frame (Griffen Classic B4C) on eBay and switched all the components over to it. The Trek is a really nice smooth rider; good power transfer. Nimble and fun, even when going up hills!

I’m in 16th Street Heights, DC. Spouse would like the frame (and bike box in which it is sitting) out of the house before Thanksgiving. First come first served.

Here’s a link to some photos: https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0LJAveTsDDBD5aWT9VCTx2wCQ

LUKE PETERSON
    Participant

UPDATE: Glad there was ultimately no interest here: I decided to build it back up using spare parts and take to my parents’ house for vacation riding when we visit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.