2018 Edition: Sunday Bike Ride With The Vertical Swimmer

Home Forums Training Bike 2018 Edition: Sunday Bike Ride With The Vertical Swimmer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dsgrunning
    Participant

The 11th year edition of the Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical Swimmer commences this Sunday.  Meeting spot is GTown … Wisconsin and M Street, in the bank’s parking lot. Drop me an email if you are interested in joining. All paces are welcome. The ride will clip at 7 AM, sharp. Show up at 7:01 and you’ll be alone. We’ll move it to 8 AM later in the fall when daylight becomes an issue.

Here are the things to know about.

1. It’s a drop ride. Don’t expect that anyone will wait for you or to wait for anyone, so bring a friend.  All skills and abilities are highly encouraged to come.   The goal is to have enough pace groups out there so that no one has to ride alone.

2. I will send out cue sheets every week. You can ride the entire distance or turn back early. That’s your call. We get folks of all levels out there, so don’t be shy or intimidated to come out. A lot of people do not ride the entire distance.

3. Road bikes and Tri bikes are welcome

4. Typical pace varies from week to week, depending on who shows up. The biggest group will be people who ride around my pace. If you can hold a 20 mph pace at the IM distance, you will have people to ride with every week.  We won’t be averaging that pace for the entire ride … mostly because the hills out in the boonies are wicked.  Expect extremely slow speed around the hills and a little bit more spectacular on the flats.

5. We will stop at various locations to purchase nutrition and to use the restroom. Expect each stop to be between 15-30 miles apart.

6. Terrain will be hilly

7. Drop me an email or post your email on this thread and I’ll add you to the distro list. The distro list is where all info will be disseminated. My email address is number55555 at yahoo dot com

8. No stupid stuff. Leave the ego the attitude at home.  If you are fast, go up front an pull.  Everyone will appreciate it 🙂  If you are slow-er, just stay back and suck wheels.  No one will shame you for doing that.

9. The entire schedule is below, subject to change.

======================
    RIDE SCHEDULE
    ======================

June 03
    60 miles

June 10
    70 Miles

June 17 – Whites Ferry
    80 Miles

June 24
    80 Miles

Jul 01
    Legit Century. Well, not really.
    100 miles

Jul 8 TBD
    70 miles

Jul 15
    80 miles

Jul 22
    89 miles

Jul 29
    100 miles

Aug 05 –
    70 miles

Aug 12
    80 Miles

Aug 19
    90 miles

Aug 26
    Don’t cry for me, Argentina
    Ironman Vietnam – 117 miles

Sept 2 — Last ride of the season
    30-45 miles

Tuan

samie
    Participant

Just wanted to check that the ride still goes in the rain?

dsgrunning
    Participant

Yup.  The only thing that would stop the ride is thunder.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.