Alexandria Evening Swims?

Home Forums Training Swim Alexandria Evening Swims?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TDPrange
    Participant

Does anyone have any suggestions on swim locations near Northern Alexandria?  I gearing back up for my full up triathlon training and am trying to find a place to swim.  Last year I did most of my evening swimming at Chinquapin.  Based on their schedule it looks like they have effective bared all lap swimming at their pool this year unless you are able to get their at the crack of dawn.

Last year there were always at least 3  lanes available and now there is only 1.  Washington & Lee HS was my usual fall back.  Has their lane availability been pretty usable in the evenings?  Or are people using other pools in the area.

Thanks

mosered
    Participant

I’ve swum at Chinqaupin of late and there have been lanes and not many crowds in the evenings. Ditto for the Mt. Vernon pool across town in Belle Haven.

loraheck
    Participant

I’ve gone to Wakefield pool twice now and its very nice. Once when the DC pools were closed for a holiday. Once because I noticed they keep the water a little cooler and I wanted to try out my wetsuit. I don’t know if you have to be an Arlington resident for free entry or if you can also be an Alexandria native.  I’m DC, so I had to pay $8 entry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.